cheapest DVD-r Media in OZ ?

mmm dont know about Brisbane!! anyone know where you can get cheap DVD-Rs in Brisbane??? do you have computer swap meets there??

I believe they are up there in the sunhine state but no where near the magnitude of the Melbourne ones.

Friends in NSW and Q'ld buy their DVDR's from a supplier in Melbourne. With the postage or COD added, they are still substantiially cheaper than local suppliers. PM me if you want their phone number, etc.

DVD said:
mmm dont know about Brisbane!! anyone know where you can get cheap DVD-Rs in Brisbane??? do you have computer swap meets there??

No I don't think so DVD, I have heard of swap meets before (but only since I've been to this forum :) ) but I don't know of any, or even know what they do .

But if anyone is in Brisbane and know's, would be great ;)

I purchased a spindle of 50 Shintaro 4x DVD-Rs along with my new Sony 510A. In a bundle the disks cost $90 + freight overnight from C W Supplies Melbourne.

http://www.cws.net.au/

I have used a few to back up my DVD collection and they work great. Also purchased a couple of Shintaro 1x -RWables. Very slow but still good.

Its great when new things just work out of the box.....!

I'm having heaps of trouble with DATABANK Brnad DVD-R's 4x.

So far I've only done 1 successful burn trying to burn a game.

And it's never happened before using Shintaro or Laser brand even :(

Can anyone else confirm these discs are good, besides Chickenman ?

What burner do you have ? A friend has burnt "many" hundreds of these on his Pioneer 105 for XBOX, PS2 and DVD's and has had 1 only that has failed.

I also have burnt out quite few to movie DVD's again with not one problem in burning or playback.

Update your firmware to its latest if you have not.

I have the Pioneer 106. And I've recently updated my firmware at the Pioneer site to the latest version.

I haven't tried any Movies yet, but I'm about to soon and see how they play.

I've only burnt 2 successful games for Xbox so far. But it could have been the image I was trying to burn. I think I might have to test more of these first before I put them down.

But can anyone else comment on these discs ?

I know you have said they are good Chickenman, but I've never heard of anyone else that uses them :)

stooly

i just bought 50 ridata from melb swap meet for $120.00 they told me they r made by ritek i dunno but they seem to work ok.
anyone know anything about them

The Ridata are good, and yes made by Ritek. Look around you should have been able to get them for $2.10 each though.

As I've said all above, the PioData 4x, DtaBank 4x and the Ridata 4x are all good. The Shintaro & and any other Princo 4x brand is crap, they are just to variable. I'm sure they have dumped C Grade media here in Oz.

The OctoPlus 2x and InfoMedia 4x have also been good but have only tested a few disks of each. The Sigma 1x & 2x were very good but no longer available.

Prophey

cabage123: how is your burner setup?

I've got the DRU510a as well, and I have watched 14 Shintaro's die in it already.. I don't want to lose anymore. :(

I've got mine on secondary IDE as slave. I'm also in Brisbane and I cannot afford to get $7 TDK's nor can I find Princo's anywhere (that people say are good).

The next cheapest thing is like Taiyo Uden for $6.
:(

HELP!

Shintaro = Princo, one of the same, read the manf Id off them (with DVD Decrypter in Write mode) If you have probs with Shintarto, you will have problems with Princo.

Shintaro 4x Media from CWS <=== burnt 200+ movies on this media .. had not a prob yet ...

Using:
Dvd decrypt
DVD shrink
Nero
On Pioneer 105

Fulminant

the best DVD-R, DVD-RW are made by Verbiant company, thou they cost alot alot of money, and all write on x4 speed and everything all lasers are good on PS2etc. Thou they cost about 5$ a disc.

japanwarehouse

here are some prices from our store

dvd-r
4x princo $1.55
4 x ritek $2.30
4 x databank $2.00

dvd+r
ritek $2.40

cases
dvd $0.30
cd slim $0.20