cheapest DVD-r Media in OZ ?

Shintaro x4 are plain white and made by Princo ...
where are the Princo 4x for $85 50 spindle ?

Last edited:
X-BoNeS-X said:
Shintaro x4 are plain white and made by Princo ...
where are the Princo 4x for $85 50 spindle ?
every swap meet i have been to in melbourne sell princo 4x(the printed ones) for $85-$90, i think they are trying to get rid of them caus some of them r dodgy batches, the funny thing is princo 2x cost more!!?? does thats say anything!! also there is a new batch of princos 4x discs that r $100 for a 50 spindle thay r supposed to be better then the printed 4x

DVD said:
every swap meet i have been to in melbourne sell princo 4x(the printed ones) for $85-$90, i think they are trying to get rid of them caus some of them r dodgy batches, the funny thing is princo 2x cost more!!?? does thats say anything!! also there is a new batch of princos 4x discs that r $100 for a 50 spindle thay r supposed to be better then the printed 4x

are the Sigma purple ones able to burn at 2x, that what the guy said

Yep, the Sigma 1x Purple ones can burn at 2x quite well as long as you have the hacked firmware. Only for Pioneer a03, a04 and a05. Havent seen it yet for the a06 but give it time I supose. I have been using them for months. A million (well maybe not!) times better than Princo stuff.

Not sure if people are aware but Peter and Wendy sell direct from one of their warehouses as well so if you can't wait for the swap meet to come around to your area.

I paid $2 a pop for the 2x Sigma last week from the warehouse.

Toyo

Landmass Shipping
Unit 20, Commercial Road
Highett, Victoria 3189

Landline phone number (03) 9553 0671

Pays to ring first as they are occasionally not there.

crispy said:
I'd like to know if the melody/sigma's are compatible on all the xboxes, I think it was mentioned here they were cmc, but lady at the swap meets said they were gsc 001 too, and they look to have the same dye as maxdata. if someone could post the atip info, would be good.
I can confirm the Melody/Sigma 1x and 2x both work on all XBOX models. The 1x has a CMCR0001 (if I can remember) ID and the 2x have CMC MAG id. Both made by CMC Magnetics and reported to be re-printed TDK's. Have a close look and you can make out other printing underneath.

Suggest you have a look at the 4x DataBank as they should be in stock by now and should be very cheap (not as cheap as that 4x Princo shit though).

Damn you guys overpay for your discs! I get 4X Princo Inkjet printable DVD-R's for $1.22 a piece, and they really do burn at 4X in every drive I have tried them in, mainly the Pioneer A-05

DVDR- x50 Spindle Shintaro x4 speed
$115.00 @ hxxp://wwx.cws.net.au

and yes they work fine .. burnt 50 so far ..not one coaster..

ChickenMan said:
I can confirm the Melody/Sigma 1x and 2x both work on all XBOX models. The 1x has a CMCR0001 (if I can remember) ID and the 2x have CMC MAG id. Both made by CMC Magnetics and reported to be re-printed TDK's. Have a close look and you can make out other printing underneath.

Suggest you have a look at the 4x DataBank as they should be in stock by now and should be very cheap (not as cheap as that 4x Princo shit though).
Thanks CM,

Will look into trying those out. I believe the shintaro 2x were cmc as well:

00 42 00 00 01 40 C1 FD 9E D8 50 00 02 87 0D 12 .B...@....P.....
87 99 70 00 03 43 4D 43 20 4D 41 00 04 47 2E 00 ..p..CMC MA..G..
00 00 00 00 05 22 30 00 00 00 01 00 00 00 00 00 ....."0.........

crispy said:
Thanks CM,

Will look into trying those out. I believe the shintaro 2x were cmc as well:

00 42 00 00 01 40 C1 FD 9E D8 50 00 02 87 0D 12 .B...@....P.....
87 99 70 00 03 43 4D 43 20 4D 41 00 04 47 2E 00 ..p..CMC MA..G..
00 00 00 00 05 22 30 00 00 00 01 00 00 00 00 00 ....."0.........
Arr.. thats good news indead, will keep a look out for them. But the 4x DataBank I think will be the go. Will be checking them out tomorrow at the Swap Meets and get a few to tryout.

nadiboy said:
Fake codes. They arent TDK quality. Not even close.
Thank you for your opinion, you obviously have not seen or used any of them. What evidence do you have to support your claim of fake codes ?

ChickenMan said:
Thank you for your opinion, you obviously have not seen or used any of them. What evidence do you have to support your claim of fake codes ?
I have a stack of 50 here. Its so obvious that its fake. Compare the loading times with original TDK and the difference is very noticable. You dont even have to test the discs. Look at the quality of the finishing and you can easily tell its fake stuff. Paint smugs all over the place. And yes I bought it from Peter and they are certainly going back.

By the way where did you get your information that TDK is outsourcing their production of dvd-r media?