cheapest DVD-r Media in OZ ?

I have no idea about online stores but just as a reference, I get 2x Sigma's for $1.90 if bought in spindles of 50. That Melbourne swap meet prices.

ChickenMan said:
I have no idea about online stores but just as a reference, I get 2x Sigma's for $1.90 if bought in spindles of 50. That Melbourne swap meet prices.
are those disks any good?????

Springvale Swap is on this Sunday, I'll be there. Best & cheapest DVDR's are with Peter & Wendy, their stall is next to where the food is being sold. You cant miss them, the crowd is normally a few deep.

X-BoNeS-X said:
DVDR- x50 Spindle Shintaro x4 speed
$125.00 @ www.cws.net.au

Works Sweet !! they burn @ 4x with Pioneer 105 ..hehe 15mins each DVD-r .. and all burn good .. well worth it ..
you can get Princo 4x DVR-R , 50 for $85 if you get a good batch they r fine, but if you get a bad batch youn will know about it
So these Shintaros r ok r they!!?? r they the gold coloured ones!!??
im thinking of going to the collingwood swap meet this weekend will the have the sigma's there !!?? what colour r they!!? what do you guys think of Max Data or melody!!??

The Princo 4x are just to variable for me, even if they were free, just to many hassles. The dealer that sells the Sigma will be at Springvale swap tomorrow, I will be there also. The Sigma 2x are white this green writting, their 1x were same design but with purple writting. I've tried a few MaxData and had no problems with them but variable results with the older Melody. (Sigma is sold by Melody)

I know the stand at springvale you mean, i think everybody does
can you buy 25 pack or 20 packs, do they have cases?? how much are they , i was looking at shintaro are they ok??
tia]

onlinejames said:
I know the stand at springvale you mean, i think everybody does
can you buy 25 pack or 20 packs, do they have cases?? how much are they , i was looking at shintaro are they ok??
tia]
spindles, (no covers)

He has them in spindles of 100 and will take out how ever many you want, be it 1, 5, 20, 25, 57 or 99. They sell DVD cases I think for about 40c each and slimline crystal cases for 20c

Shintoro are made by Princo so not the best quality, but seam to work okay for those that use them. The Sigma 2x are better and cheaper than the 4x Shintaros.

so what would be the best and cheapest 4x discs then???
also is it any good to burn at 4x does it make the xbox,ps2 or DVD lasers struggle!!?? or effect the life or the quality of the DVD, i have noticed when you fast foward a DVD burnt at 4x it sometimes breaks up,squares off and pixelates, its ok at normal speed but this never happens on a 2x burn, my main offender is my DRU-500A the AO5a and AO6 it rarely happens

The DataBank 4x (by Ritek) would have to be the best of the cheaper 4x. Sorry not aware of their current prices. They were a $2.90 a few months back in volume. The few I burnt all played perfectly.

The Pioneers have been around a lot longer than the Sony and have time to tweek their units but movies at 4x are more prone to playback problems than those at 2x. Same situation as CDR's really, the slower to medium speed burns are okay on most playback units but crap if burnt at top speed.

But where in Adelaide?

Chickenman, Melbourne is well served for swap meets but we have few of them in Adelaide. Do your vendors have a friend in Adelaide that sells as cheaply or will they pst them over here?

Cheers

VC2

PS Do any Adelaide readers have any local sources?