What dvd burner do you have?

What Dvd burner(s) do you own?

• Total voters
Liteon LDW-851S & Liteon SOHW-832S

Liteon LDW-851S & Liteon SOHW-832S. Both are working very well, but I haven't checked out the DL burning ability of the 832S yet because of the simple reason that I haven't been able to afford/justify the purchase of 1 single blank yet fot this burner. :(

Guys, a fanfare please! Seems i'm a legit DVDR Base member now, because my LG GSA-4120B arrived today. :D
Didn't have the time to test it really. Will provide my experiences later.

blewgenes

Pioneer dvr 108 - thank you

Pleased as can be with my new 108.
Disk writing problems with HL GSA4120B are no more. (look out eBay)
Disk read problems on home cinema system are non existent.
Thanks to the forum I finally made a correct choice in a writer.
Such solid recording on five different media makes. Ifeel spoiled.
:)

kibaima said:
Liteon LDW-851S & Liteon SOHW-832S. Both are working very well, but I haven't checked out the DL burning ability of the 832S yet because of the simple reason that I haven't been able to afford/justify the purchase of 1 single blank yet fot this burner. :(
The Codeguys have managed to hack an 851S into an 832S - apparently the only difference between an 812S and an 832S is the firmware (crossflash fixed firmware required for the hack) - generically, these tend to be called the "2S" drives.

The "51S" drives (451S and 851S) only differ froim the "2S" in a signal processor chip, so are incapable of 8x on -R ... hacking these to an 832 requires modified firmare (8x -R support disabled and crossflash fixed).

If you're happy with the 851S as it is, I wouldn't mess with it, but if you want to do a double burn, some programs insist on identical drives (but note the lack of 8x -R)

alferret

Sony DRX700UL external with latest firmware VY06E so now it comes up as a 700A (the internal version)

Pretty cool, burns everything thrown at it and not one coaster, highly reccomended

I just bought NEC 3500AG and so far I'm impressed. :D Didn't burn any D/L yet and at $5 for one is that may be a while.

PC-GUY said:
I just bought NEC 3500AG and so far I'm impressed. :D Didn't burn any D/L yet and at $5 for one is that may be a while.
Just bought one myself too, for as little as 73 euros, and so far it's working brilliantly. Also burned two DL which seem to play fine in all standalones I've tried.

scarecrow said:
Just bought one myself too, for as little as 73 euros, and so far it's working brilliantly. Also burned two DL which seem to play fine in all standalones I've tried.
Which firmware are you using?

ok,here i am too...
Proud owner of aopen dvd burner@16x speed,dl and all those things...
So far is ok,but dvd things are much more complicated then cds-and really poicky about media :rolleyes:

PC-GUY said:
Which firmware are you using?
The initial one that came with it (2.16). I might try 2.18 soon, but I had heard some complaints about the hacked RPC-1 (Dangerous Brothers) treating some media brands badly- I can't confirm though, as I have the burner for less than one week and haven't tried any other firmware version yet.