What dvd burner do you have?

What Dvd burner(s) do you own?

• Total voters

Master

Gold Member
I bought a LG 4163B last week and it´s working fine.
Even bitsetting is supported by the 4163B.

Just got me a Benq DW1620 pro, so far im very content.
I really like the QScan software. It scans blank media for possible burning speed\quality.
My old burner was a 401s@811s. Did a good job but was a little too picky on the media imo.
:)

Master

Gold Member
Duracell said:
What's with the Samsung you liked to get?

Greetings from
Duracell
It was a Toshiba with a Toshiba chipset and not a Toshiba clone. :rolleyes:

Please remember that the Samsung is available with a Mediatek and a Toshiba chipset ;)

To make it short, after some warranty problems with an online shop i decided to buy my hardware at a local computershop. The Toshiba wasn´t available there so i bought the LG instead. Untill now i am not dissapointed with the LG drive. As i said before, bitsetting is supported and codefree FW is available too.
SD3 copy from Doom3 is working fine too.

I just upgraded the 3500 firmware to a hacked 2.18 (from Liggy), as 2.16 had problems burning to any speed higher than 2X a badge of 8X DVD-R media I got (Blue Media- crap in general, but they were very cheap, and the burning quality with the NEC is just fine- everything I've burned up to now is flawless). So far, so good, "Blue Media" crap now burn at 8X without issues.

Used to be a Toshiba 8x (which was brilliant, but gave it to a mate to help him out - too good a bloke, me) then an LG 16x which slowed down my comp ridiculously when burning, but burned well. (Still not up to the standard of the Tosh though) Now with a new computer, a Fujitsu Siemens Scaleo H bought last Fri the 6th of Feb 06, I now have a Philips dvd8701, which I am sooo tempted to crossflash back to Benq.

I added recently a NEC 3550, which was flashed to 4551 -quite easy task (and of course I have kept the 3500, which up to date has failed to produce a single coaster). Looks like a great piece of hardware- I use it almost exclusively with K3B and k9copy software, and have fine results.

Dam this is old.. I sold the optorite a long time ago.
Also besides NEC -3500 I added a BENQ 1640, which seems old now but I don't find any reason to buy anthing else.

dx

Recently added an NEC 4550. Would flash it to a 4551, but the lack of Labelflash media in my country (NEC had not officially launced it here) tells me why bother.

Excellent burner with Verbatim (ie MMC) media. Love the 5x DVD-RAM feature alone... use that all the time. 100 times better than packet RW media hastle.