ONES (Optical New Edge Storage)

Status
Not open for further replies.
A new CD/DVD burning application is out from Prassi. Anyone tried it out?
http://shop.traxdata.fr/
http://shop.traxdata.fr/boutique/fiche_produit.cfm?type=ONES%20-%20Version%20de%20d%E9monstration%20(2.0)&ref=ONES2_DEMO&code_lg=lg_us

VILLA21 said:
A new CD/DVD burning application is out from Prassi. Anyone tried it out?
http://shop.traxdata.fr/
http://shop.traxdata.fr/boutique/fiche_produit.cfm?type=ONES%20-%20Version%20de%20d%E9monstration%20(2.0)&ref=ONES2_DEMO&code_lg=lg_us
yes.i have new version(TX ONES 2.0).do u know prassi?this product same old version prassi but TX ones is new.this is wonderfull program for cd/dvd(dvd video_ts) mastering.no have mid-min-max recording speed.record speed is1x,4x,8x,40x, in TX ONES(for example: recordnow max's record speed mid/med/max some new cd/dvd burner ...this is ok!

Sorry for bad english:)

Last edited:
mid-min-max occurs in the old Prassi/Veritas/Sonic reange of programs only if the recorder is not actually supported, but uses the "silent update" option instead.
I have installed the demo, and so far it looks like a highly promising (and extremely compact) application. Price is great too at just 19.90 euros.

Last edited:
"ONES" uses prassi's new pxengine v2 which reads the firmware of each drive to determine its read/write speeds & drive features.
(no more px updates every time u buy a new drive)
sounds to me like its future proof (of a sort)
Have been using this for a while, and i must say its absolutely awsome.

yes been using this application for a week,and its very good, compact, easy to use and nice to see a feature where the software can identify the hardware and its capabilities

One shortcoming is that PXengine2 doesn't seem being able to communicate with a device hooked on a virtual adapter (say my VMware virtual machines...), but I guess it will work fine on any REAL computer- so far I am sold on its performance and resource-friendliness.
And anyway the Prassi duetto has promised sometime ago that they will issue *nix, MACOSX and Solaris versions, so I guess I have to wait...

Last edited:
my question to TX ONES developer -->how can i download ONES 2.0 driver update?
offical answer-->Dear,

There is not update needed for driver

ONES use fuzzy logic technology and works directly with the firmware of the recorder.

regards
great.i hate driver update for a new driver
last word from me..
TX ONES 2.0 is best program for CD/DVD mastering :)

Well it dont work with the Pioneer 108 with latest 1.14 f/w. For burn speeds all I get is Max, Med, Min :(

Edit: Arr... you have to put a disk in first, :D :eek: so it must be reading the capable burn speeds off the disk and compare that to what it finds in the drives firmware. It still list max, med & min but then the selectable drive speeds under that.

Laz

Just tried burning a few VIDEO_TS folders with it for the first time and everything works fine, playback perfect etc.

I like the Wizard on this too if you are in a hurry, much better than the old RNM 4.5. Nice piece of kit this! :)

Well I just tried to do a CD to CD copy on the fly at 16x from my regular drives (LiteOn dvdrom as reader, LiteOn CDR burner) and all it could achieve is an 8.8x burn. :( Then tried the very same disk with very same drives with RNM 4.60 and 16x worked without a hitch, as I expected. Will try some VIDEO_TS burning tomorrow.

i dont have any speed cap problem on the copy to copy cd/dvd(audio-data).
i write 48x on the cd-r:).
real write speed.its real!(if blank media is supported).
my reader is toshiba SD-M 1712.my cd witer is ASUS CRW 5232AS.Maybe,
1-)you must check ide connection.if your reader and writer connect both ide channel,you have speed cab problem some cd/dvd burning software.any burning software have different write strategy.
2)Auto insert notification problem...
3)any region css free software(for example anydvd) problem...
have good days

notice:sorry for much bad english:)

Milennium said:
This is a great burning program, but missing the ability to create vcd/svcd's.
That's true... but virtually noone makes video CD's currently, and the last free version of VCDEasy is still widely available on the net (the newer commercial ones too), and they do a perfect job...
IMHO everyone should opt for a standalone being able to play divx/xvid. They are VERY cheap (both price- and quality-wise...), and a very average xvid is smaller than a VCD, while looking much better than a SVCD.

Last edited:

Master

Gold Member
Milennium said:
This is a great burning program, but missing the ability to create vcd/svcd's.

Sorry, but i think there is no need for it anymore because vcd/svcd's belong to the past.

to be honest i sometimes use svcd or vcd for small cartoons or small movies for the kids as more often than not they are not worth putting to dvd it would be a waste :)

scarecrow said:
That's true... but virtually noone makes video CD's currently, and the last free version of VCDEasy is still widely available on the net (the newer commercial ones too), and they do a perfect job...
IMHO everyone should opt for a standalone being able to play divx/xvid. They are VERY cheap (both price- and quality-wise...), and a very average xvid is smaller than a VCD, while looking much better than a SVCD.
Yep vcdeasy is superb for vcd-svcd :)
But about investing money in a standalone??I think is better to put that money in a graphic card with tv-out,specially if a pc is connected to a stereo unit,as it will play everything 1000%% :)

zver said:
But about investing money in a standalone??I think is better to put that money in a graphic card with tv-out,specially if a pc is connected to a stereo unit,as it will play everything 1000%% :)
That's an alternative solution, but hardly "an investment"... any $400 videocard will cost 100$ or less within nine months from purchase date!

Two probs I've found with ONES so far when burning movie DVD's -

1. It doesnt burn the JACKET_P folder or any others that you want to include (only the VIDEO_TS and empty AUDIO_TS folders). :(

2. It hangs (and makes a coaster) when it finds a 0kb VOB file rather than give some prior warnings. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.