Nero 6

celtic_druid said:
The point was/is that the CDFreaks preview screenshots were of v6.0.0.6 and the ISO is v6.0.0.0 and therefor not final.

Rumours are that the retail version @ BestBuy.com is actually 6.0.0.0.....why would Ahead use a full iso as internal build to betatest,while Nero itself is less than 20MB?Lots of stuff that they could have added later to a cd if their product became final...

I think that the next version will be 6.0.0.9.......language (help?)files are already uploaded to their server,dated 25/7..... :D

Best buy is selling version 6.0..0.0..interesting. ;) Yep..read 6.0.0.9 will be the newest.Also read a transcoding option from dvd9-to dvd-5 is in the works,or included.

The update of Nero 6 consists of four packages. Each packages contains updates for special programs. You can decide on your own, which program you want to update. We recommend to update all programms regularly.

Current version: 6.0.0.9
Relase date: July 25th, 2003
Running until: August 31st, 2003

Download Nero 6 Demo and update to 6.0.0.9 for those that have it.

Demo
http://www.ahead.de/en/nero-prog.php#

Update 6.0.0.9
http://www.ahead.de/en/nero-up.php

6.0.0.9 is now on the US site. 3 packages total about 43MB. What the heck was on the ISO to make it so BIG?

Tommy said:
The update of Nero 6 consists of four packages. Each packages contains updates for special programs. You can decide on your own, which program you want to update. We recommend to update all programms regularly.

Current version: 6.0.0.9
Relase date: July 25th, 2003
Running until: August 31st, 2003

Download Nero 6 Demo and update to 6.0.0.9 for those that have it.

Demo
http://www.ahead.de/en/nero-prog.php#

Update 6.0.0.9
http://www.ahead.de/en/nero-up.php[/QUOTE]

OK, saw 4th package on de site. Anyone know if this "trial" will update 6.0.0.0 to 6.0.0.9?

mpsan said:
6.0.0.9 is now on the US site. 3 packages total about 43MB. What the heck was on the ISO to make it so BIG?

[/url]

Nero 6 "Drive in use" error

With the Sony DW-U10A / DRU-500A DVD burner I can't get Nero 6 to burn any DVD media. When it tries to burn I get the error "Drive in use by another application". I have tried everything - removing other burning software and other apps. even to the point of reinstalling XP from scratch and only installing Nero 6. I still get the same error. Autoplay is turned off. I've updated the firmware in the burner.

For now I've removed Nero 6 and put back 5.5 and I'm now burning a DVD-ROM on my new burner.

Any ideas on this error? I'm going crazy.

ChocoNutDancer said:
When it tries to burn I get the error "Drive in use by another application".
this error is also reported in another forum; in his special case a incompatibility with RecordNow Max was the problem; surely this can occur with many other burning engines beside RNM's PX Engine too;

till now sticking with the "old" v5.5 is strongly recommended;

Greetings from
Duracell

Laz

Looks like it is Mr DVD Shrink for sure now. :(

I feel like crying really, a few weeks ago there was so much hope with great freeware products like DVD Shrink & DVD Fab......Now there is nothing!

Can't blame him for taking the $$$ for his genius but it's still sad that there is now such a massive void in the freeware market IMO. :(

I gave version 6 a whirl, lot of crashes & a few lockups, & shock horror 5 coasters & the bloomin drive in use message bleh

Talk about unfinished, seems they never learned from all the bugs in version 5:)

Sad 2 see nero go the way of bloatware:(

BaNzI:D

The best "all-in-one" program is using 3,4, 5 or any sum you can think of separate programs... just pick the best.
Sorry to say that no portion of Nero 5.5 or 6 has a place amongst them (errr... I must confess that I actually liked the 5.5.X series cover editor a lot... :rolleyes: ).

Ahead have always been like this though.. I mean why write their own VirtualDrive when they could just hire VeNoM386 to do the job? Same goes for their AAC/AAC+, MP4, etc.