LiteOn Multi-format DVD/MP3/WMA/DIVX/VCD/CDR/DVDR & RW/CD Player

aybesea said:
I have the latest 0229 firmware. PM me with an e-mail address and I'll send it to you.

The Liteon site is back up and I have downloaded the firmware from there. I apperciate your offer and thank-you. This forum is the absoulte best on the web and it is all the great people that participate that makes it this way.

I have had a little time to play with this toy and must admit to being quite impressed. It does have some issues with divx3 but has played the 4 dvd's that gave my other dvd players problems with glitches, without a single hickup. Also, every mpeg and mp3 file I have tried has played flawlessly. The menu that allowes access to region settings and macro-vsn control works fine with new the firmware.

I purchased mine from here: http://www.mypcgoodies.com/mypcg/details.asp?item=LT334001R for $139.00

Phil K said:
Its a shame its a Yank site, though Trash mate. Otherwise, I think Id've been interested myself. I doubt their "ground delivery" constitutes the Atlantic ! :D
Price: £119.99 Including VAT at 17.5% @ SVP:D

Phil K said:
Hey - considering you're on the sunny side of the pond, yer on the ball with UK prices Ras mate ! ;) :D
Phil k you got the likes of the, The-poacher and others to thank for this link. And many folks in the UK I pass this link on to for their CD media...(Arm chair shoppers) :D

Well, bad news for the home team. My Lite-On died an evil and premature death... it refuses to do anything... dead as a doorknob. And the bitch about it is that Lite-On has said that it is out of its 90 day warranty period, so basically, tough luck!

I've gone and replaced it with a Philips DVD727, does all-region code-free PAL conversion, and everything else the Lite-On did except for DIVX. But it seems to be much more stable and tolerant. Hopefully it will last me til I'm tired of it and WANT to replace it.