LiteOn Multi-format DVD/MP3/WMA/DIVX/VCD/CDR/DVDR & RW/CD Player

Wow! This looks extremely interesting to me. Does anyone know does the fact that this unit is "NTSC/PAL TV Compatible" mean that I can play PAL DVDs/SVCDs on this set and they will convert to display properly on my NTSC TV? If so, I need to get one of these pronto!

Well, I just ordered the LVD-2001 for $139US... I will let everyone know how it works out as soon as I receive it. I really can't wait to stop converting PALs to NTSCs... now I can just play em directly. :)

The-poacher said:
There is a price war on in UK the 106 is down to £129 @ SVP!!!
I'd be interested, but when i tried to find out if the shipping was free, UK mainland - I noticed "I will collect from Warehouse" Not bloody likely, sez I ! So how much is the sting where S&H is concerned for the Pioneer 106, and is the connectors and screws the same as you get buggerall it seems with the drive ? :confused:

Laz

As The Poacher said it's £3.99 for a 2 day del service, but they usually 99/100 get it to you next day.

Laz said:
As The Poacher said it's £3.99 for a 2 day del service, but they usually 99/100 get it to you next day.
I wasnt going to bother for a good while yet for a DVD writer but I am sorely tempted by this. And it does both the main types like the Sony does ? DVD-R and DVD+R ?

its just a 105 with added +r/rw capability.
the 106 is the bare drive with no software or connectors etc.
you can get the a06 which has all that jazz, but as most people have a spare ide cable and a couple of screws kicking about its not worth the extra £s.
If its a swop out u should have everything u need already. :cool:

Well, I got mine last night. I started by updating the BIOS and using the secret menu to disable macrovision and region protection.

Then I created a ISO data DVD containing 2 SVCD MPG files (one PAL and one NTSC), 2 DivX 3.11 files (one PAL and one NTSC), and 2 DivX 5.05 files (one PAL and one NTSC).

I slipped this disc in the player, and... BINGO!!! It worked flawlessly. I'm very impressed.

This player uses a standard Lite-On 163 drive. So whatever this drive can read, this player will play!! Not only that, but if it goes bad you can buy a replacement drive for $32US.

The-poacher said:
There is a price war on in UK the 106 is down to £129 @ SVP!!!
I`m after my first ever DVD burner,m8! It`ll be a nice Xmas gift to myself. SVP are selling the new 4x Liteon LDW-411S Dual Format burner for £89.99.Should I finally change my bourgoise plextor ways (a hard habit to break) and plump for this,or the Pioneer 106 bare drive for £99.99?

Plextorman
Read the smallprint on the LiteOn
We have tried a few different types of media in the drive and recommend using Ritek media for best results.
which may be telling U its a bit temprimental with Media.

plextorman said:
I`m after my first ever DVD burner,m8! It`ll be a nice Xmas gift to myself. SVP are selling the new 4x Liteon LDW-411S Dual Format burner for £89.99.Should I finally change my bourgoise plextor ways (a hard habit to break) and plump for this,or the Pioneer 106 bare drive for £99.99?
You keep that up and we will have to start calling you usedtobeplextorman....:D