LiteOn Multi-format DVD/MP3/WMA/DIVX/VCD/CDR/DVDR & RW/CD Player

The-poacher said:
Plextorman
Read the smallprint on the LiteOn

which may be telling U its a bit temprimental with Media.
Yeah. No such worries with the Sony dwu-10a which we both have and dearly love eh ? :D

Yep But Mines a 500 now with the latest fimware
Flashed it I suggest U do too But at your own risk of course

If U havent done this check it out

Here

The-poacher said:
Yep But Mines a 500 now with the latest fimware
Flashed it I suggest U do too But at your own risk of course

If U havent done this check it out

Here
Hey - it was YOU who suggested NOT to flash the firmware ! (Bloody hell - moderators, eh ?) :mad: :D

If U read it I did some research & dicoveredthey were the same burner so I changed my mind.

Also the "expert" who told me not to do it has also changed his mind!!

The-poacher said:
If U read it I did some research & dicoveredthey were the same burner so I changed my mind.

Also the "expert" who told me not to do it has also changed his mind!!
I read that you had to "disable the dma" before you did it. How do i do that ? I'm sure I've done it once in device manager, but I'm damned if I remember. Not much call to do it, is there ? ;)

The-poacher said:
Plextorman
Read the smallprint on the LiteOn

which may be telling U its a bit temprimental with Media.
Being a "Plextorman",I`m used to using almost ANY kind of media,and the damn thing works,but I think my days of paying around £200 for a burner,like I did four years ago (still using it now) are gone.Not when there`s cheaper alternatives around..
I don`t mind using only one brand of media,providing it doesn`t cost the earth,and it`s readily available.Reliability`s what I`m after.And I don't care too much about the speed either.I suppose to me it`s about getting from A to B in one piece.And not the time it takes...I`m a patient bloke... :)

Last edited:
@The-poacher-EBuyer`s like my local shop.The U.K. branch of the business is only located two miles away from where I live.(On the site they state it`s Sheffield U.K.,close,but I know where the main warehouse complex REALLY is.. ;) )That`s where I buy 99% of my stuff.Great prices..
They won`t allow you to approach them directly,face to face though.. :(
Takes on average 3 days for an item to arrive,and they`re only down the road..ridiculous..Anyway,as you already own one,in your experience do you think this is the one to go for?

Last edited:
Im happy with mine <> I have a pioneer 105 too & thats OK too so the 106 is an option,but I certainly wouldn't put U off the sony but im sick i payed about £25 quid more than that.I am told (by peeps who do far more burning than me) that the sony & the NEC burns a better disc.

Live in Sheffield <> Im just a bit further east in Hull.

Phil K said:
I read that you had to "disable the dma" before you did it. How do i do that ? I'm sure I've done it once in device manager, but I'm damned if I remember. Not much call to do it, is there ? ;)
Depends what you`ve got-XP or 98/95/ME.They`re basically the same though:
I`d first go into the BIOS and disable it there.Then Start>Control Panel>System>
Device Manager>IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers>Secondary IDE Channel (or/and Primary IDE Channel (?)) Properties>Advanced Settings.But that`s XP.Any other`s not much different...

The-poacher said:
Im happy with mine <> I have a pioneer 105 too & thats OK too so the 106 is an option,but I certainly wouldn't put U off the sony but im sick i payed about £25 quid more than that.I am told (by peeps who do far more burning than me) that the sony & the NEC burns a better disc.

Live in Sheffield <> Im just a bit further east in Hull.
Ah,Hull? Nice place,I`ve got a few friends there.Anyway ,I`ve just been to SVP and got a new retail Liteon LDW-411S-including 1/2 day express delivery and vat for £93.84! Even cheaper than EBuyer! Or anyone else! I`ll tell everyone what it`s like when it arrives..Think I`ll change my name if I like it! :D :D

The new DVD burner`s arrived this morning.(Liteon LDW-411S) SVP are really quick on the ball.I was surprised at the size-it`s shorter in depth than I`ve seen..Bundled with it are:power DVD XP 4.0 (Nice-but I prefer WinDVD it seems faster and sharper than Power DVD),Sonic MyDVD Suite (never heard of it b4),1 DVD+RW 4x and 1 DVD+RW.Dunno what brand of media they are,the dye on `em looks blue(?)-not the purple of Ritek..or am I going slightly colourblind?..I`ll try `em out and report back soon...

plextorman said:
Ah,Hull? Nice place,I`ve got a few friends there.Anyway ,I`ve just been to SVP and got a new retail Liteon LDW-411S-including 1/2 day express delivery and vat for £93.84! Even cheaper than EBuyer! Or anyone else! I`ll tell everyone what it`s like when it arrives..Think I`ll change my name if I like it! :D :D
Looks like one down and many more to go, there still is hope for this world.:D

PC-GUY said:
Looks like one down and many more to go, there still is hope for this world.:D
We`ll see..(posted by the Artist Formerly Known As Plextorman?). :D And let`s see what happens in four years time-will this Liteon still be going strong like my old zero coaster plex still is now?

Last edited:
Just picked up the lvd-2001 but Liteon's site has been down. Was wondering if someone has an updated firmware they would be willing to upload.

Thanks

jmtrash said:
Just picked up the lvd-2001 but Liteon's site has been down. Was wondering if someone has an updated firmware they would be willing to upload.

Thanks
@jmtrash-Yeah? The LVD-2001.I think that`s next on my shopping list..Where did you buy it? And was it a good price? BTW,why not wait until the site comes back? It`s been going down a lot lately,but only for short amounts of time :confused: .I wanna go there myself 2 see if they`ve any updates for my drives yet... :)

jmtrash said:

Thanks
I have the latest 0229 firmware. PM me with an e-mail address and I'll send it to you.