Convert your LiteON LDW-401S to 411S

pmpmr

i have done that, but the recorder is still flashing the yellow light, this time i was able to change the name with the winhex. after this i have load the modify file on eeprom section, and choose write, after that there were no chances, i have return to my 401s. does anybody have/had the same problem?

pmpmr

done it

thx for the help but i have already done it. There are another foruns with more info about this. Anyway thx! i have my 401 converted to a 411

lonniec1

Has anybody written to a -R DVD after conversion

pmpmr said:
thx for the help but i have already done it. There are another foruns with more info about this. Anyway thx! i have my 401 converted to a 411
I converted and everything seems OK except when I write to a -R, it fails half way through. I have tried different media including Ritek G04 and Princo but to no avail. The log says that it is "invalid media". Why would it say that half way through the burn? The +Rs are working fine. Is this a problem with the newest firmware?

Lucky_Rock

Thanks all and this thread. I had converted 401S to 411S successfully.

Please show me which type of disc write well with this driver.

Thanks again

jhendrickx

Hi folks, I've made a successful upgrade from 401S to 411S, but ... when I enter a +R blank disc the drives spins for about a minute, them it stops, and I can burn the DVD, I'm using firmware version of 411s (FS0F) should I change to FS0G? This firmware will improve my drive in any way?

Thanks in advance,
Jean H//

PD: Also, I changed my 401S to 411S some time ago, and I can't recall some stupid things:
1) The terms EEPRON, Firmware and FS0G/FS0F are the same?
2) I want to update my drive from FS0F to FS0G, need I: The 401's ES0G (as my unit was a former 401S) or the 411's FS0G?

Thanks again,
Jean H//

Last edited:
Generally firmware is supposed to add\change media compability and improve drive performance. Latest firmware is now FS0J btw, although i would stick with the fsof as the fs0j supposedly gives worse quality burns.
Eeprom is the finer drive calibration data(also contains the drives id)
Frimware is the drives internal driver.
You will need the firmware for the 411s

http://www.liteonit.com/ODD/english/index-english.htm

:)

Lucky_Rock

On the webpage of Lite-On, I saw the new firmware of LDW-411S is .exe file. Could we run that one for upgrading the new firmware with out use the ltnFlash and the BIN file ? is it OK ?

JC507

I was reading the earlier posts and followed the directions exactly. I had the same problem once upgraded to 411, my light continuosly flashed. I returned it to the 401s-j firmware with no problem. Then reading further I noticed the post stating to downgrade to the 401s-g firmware then upgrade to the 411, and "PRESTO!!", it worked!! There is something in the 401s-j firmware preventing it from working. Thanks for all the info. everyone, appreciate it!

teki

this is a simple question but im a newb, when you flash the drive with EEPROM 411s, what do you have to have selected in ltnflash, checksum?

mortz

hm, i'm having a little problem here wih my 401s..

when i try to update the firmware with ltnflash, it stops at 71% saying "Failed to write bin code. (040803)".

also, when i'm trying to read my eeprom, i get a failure message saying "Failed to read EEPROM!"

what's wrong? :confused:

edit: when i'm trying to flash with the official flashutility from the liteon-pages, i get a failure message saying "Unable to flash firmware. Please contact with your vendor !"

am i in deep ****?

Last edited:

mortz

nope, but i didn't do that when i flashed my dvd-rom either, and that worked..

but thanks for the tip :)
i'll try it when im getting home!

mortz

yes! it worked! my 401s is now @ 811s :D

thanks roadworker! :)

edit: what happens if i now flash my burner with the official 811s firmware from liteon's pages?

Last edited: