Convert your LiteON LDW-401S to 411S

mortz said:
yes! it worked! my 401s is now @ 811s :D

thanks roadworker! :)

edit: what happens if i now flash my burner with the official 811s firmware from liteon's pages?

You get a 811S with the latest firmware... :D

thegorg

401s with k patch

Please, can anyone tell me how to go from k to g patch so i can change from 401s to 411s. Flash Fix does seem to change it version 1004

Thanx

thegorg

thegorg

works for me too

virtual_web said:
Requirements:
1. Program LtnFlash 1.2.4
2. EEPROM 411S and Patched EEPROM 401S,
3. 411S Firmware,
4. WinHex or other hex editor.
5. Lite-On LDW-401S DVD Recorder

How to do it:
1. Remove the CD from Recorder, if it is inside.
2. Start LtnFlash, choose LITE-ON DVD+RW LDW-401S, and backup firmware and EEPROM !!!.
3. Flash the drive with EEPROM 411S.
4. After flash EEPROM, flash 411S firmware.
5. Open your drive's backup EEPROM in hex editor. I do it in WinHex.
6. Find string LITE-ON DVD+RW LDW-401S and change it in LITE-ON DVDRW LDW-411S.
7. Write patched EEPROM in drive.

Don't change sequence of steps. Because it will not works.

And thats all! It's works!!!

Remember, you flash it for your own risk.

I used your route and it worked great for me too, but i had to change back from ESOK to ESOG first for it would work, but small price to pay dude.

Thanks from thegorg :p

ph3412

Can't update firmware?

I had a problem updating the firmware of the 401s from any previous firmware to the newest (es0K) so I tried to change the drive to a 411s in hopes that I would be able to flash that to the newest firmware. However, it gives me the same speil: "Unable to update firmware. Pleast contact with your vendor." I've already tried most anything I can think of including disabling/enabling DMA, closing everything that's running, updating in safe mode, using flashfix, etc, etc.

Help?

el stevo

problems after flashing 401@411

i tried to flash my 401 to 411 with 401@411 and i am now left with yellow flashing light.

Tried to restore my backup but when i tried to apply the patch it gets to 100% and stops (this is the 1024kb file).

I have tried many ways to return to original state but all no good.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

thx

jhendrickx

I've a 411s (401s) and I want to upgrade to 811s, I don't know what to do, I read the full thread and didn't catch the process, any help will be welcome.

Thanks,
Jean H//

zero0w

cdfreaks has mentioned the legal issue; which regulation is exactly the 401S->411S mod violating as an end-user who applied the hack?

DMCA? Or some other regulation?

I would like to know before I decide to go ahead with the mod or not.

zero0w said:
cdfreaks has mentioned the legal issue; which regulation is exactly the 401S->411S mod violating as an end-user who applied the hack?

DMCA? Or some other regulation?

I would like to know before I decide to go ahead with the mod or not.
Why??:confused:
I haven't heard anything lately about the dvdmod police. :rolleyes:

zero0w

PC-GUY said:
Why??:confused:
I haven't heard anything lately about the dvdmod police. :rolleyes:
Apparently it was suggested that DVD-R function requires royalty payment to some industry organization. I am just not sure if end users are in any way responsible on this. DMCA would regulate how you can (or cannot) modify your devices; so I am trying to understand which law and regulation, if any, is this mod violating as in the position of end users.