Why does DVD decrypter keep wanting to force a region ?

Its so annoying. Every time I open up dvd decrypter it keeps informing me that its region free, and must be in a proper region, gives a selection, and if I want to use it must select it. But I am limited how many. How can i stop this irritation ?

I'm not quite sure what you mean, are you trying to make an image ?

You can't not select a region to make it ' region free' you select them all and make it 'all region'

The same result just a different way

fffclub said:
I'm not quite sure what you mean, are you trying to make an image ?

You can't not select a region to make it ' region free' you select them all and make it 'all region'

The same result just a different way
I'm not too sure myself. It just asks me when I open it up, saying it isnt set, do I want to make it any of the zones, and lists them - then when I say "No" it says (and I paraphrase here) Oh...well then...it'll have to be "brute force" then...sulk....sulk...Obviously it didnt say that, :D but its the impression I got ! ("Brute force" was actually mentioned, though !) :confused: :rolleyes: :)

The only thing I can see is under Tools/Settings/CSS

Css Cracking method, set it to I/O Key Exchange -> Brute Force

To be honest it's a while since I set DVDdecrypter up, and the latest version seems to have taken my previous settings.

Can you post a screen shot, I'm pretty sure it is NOT dvd decrypter thats poping up the window. Does WinDVD or whatever automaticlly play the DVD when you insert it ?

A couple of screenshots

ChickenMan said:
Can you post a screen shot, I'm pretty sure it is NOT dvd decrypter thats poping up the window. Does WinDVD or whatever automaticlly play the DVD when you insert it ?
Can do, this is the first screen, then after "No" the second :-

Attachments

Well I be, thats a first for me (and you!) :D

Use SmartRipper then, it couldnt give a s..t what region anything is, just dont try and play the DVD though.

I'm pleased I wasn't the only one !

Make sure your dvd drive is region free, that should cure it as well, dvd decrypter is a good app to have.

fffclub said:
I'm pleased I wasn't the only one !

Make sure your dvd drive is region free, that should cure it as well, dvd decrypter is a good app to have.
Thats the baffling thing, mate - it IS region free !
And well....stumping C.M. - that must be a first ! ;) :D

fffclub said:
Have you tried using the burner ?

Do you get the same message
Yeah, someone on the net said it has a burner. No, I havent tried it. Quite happy using Record now. It has been a quite excellent burner for DVD stuff, so feel no need. :)