what is the best Mp3 player

What do you think is the best Mp3 Player.
I usually use Window media player and Magix Playr Jukebox
Window is pretty good, good crossfading, nice design but I,m sure thyere is more out theyre so I like to have your opinions

I tried them all, and i always get back to Winamp. Winamp 2.81 is what i'm using as we speak, since that 3.0 is a piece of crap. Windows Media Player isn't half bad either, i'm using the 9 series beta, and it works pretty well, Realplayer or Realone as it's called these days is not very good for mp3's, however i do use it for realaudio/video files, not the Gold version though but RealOne Corporate Desktop which is the version without all the crap.

I love winamp for theyre plugin, but I have sound blaster live soundcard and they was always this strange noise when I played music with it...

dx

I concur...Winamp is one of the best (if not the best ;)) mp3/media player's out there...and it's freeware. Lots of usefull plugins, very cool skins, and 3D visualizarions.

But as Brand-X suggested...Winamp3 is a bid piece o'crap. Use Winamp 2.81 (latest version) instead.

_http://classic.winamp.com/

Winamp 2.81 without doubt...

I hear the Winamp crew are going to carry on with the 2.x series as a different thing all together from the 3.x series.

Winamp.com say theirselves... "If all your wanting is a player for MP3's, download Winamp 2.81"

Winamp 3.0 just sucks full stop, slow vizulizations, freezes, very buggy.

h**p://download.nullsoft.com/winamp/client/

Link Edited - Please do not post live links outside the Forum - Oldy

A RE-edit here oldy yer slacking bud :p :) ;) ...... THIS IS A DIRECT LINK TO A FILE a leech link chris bud .... we are trying to avoid such links with easily available software such as this bud !!, but as we are trying to clean up this forum you was not to know bud! :) :D

I'm a long-time user of FreeA*P - now replaced by ZINF (Zinf's Not FreeA*P)
FreeAMP - lost it's name because...
Zinf is based on the FreeAmp source code. However, AMP® is a trademark of PlayMedia Systems, Inc., and therefore the original name of the project cannot be used any longer. On this website the old project will be referred to as FreeA*p

How RIDICULOUS - AMP is a generic abbreviation for AMPlifier, and several other things - just like people trying tp claim ownership of the word EASY - particularly if followed by CD!

...rant over
_http://www.zinf.org

I will NOT have WinAMP on my system, not since they hooked up with AOL.

PS. _http://slashdot.org/articles/02/08/27/1626241.shtml?tid=155

Ther evil barons in charge of MP3 now want fees for DECODERS - even if not their own - so grab your players before it takes effect!

Last edited:
I just tried my mp3 pro vers 4 and I find it buggy, when I had songs to the playlist it only played one song, and since I use VBR files the seeking bar cursor gets buggy, like it lost track of the music file

QCD has developed into a stable and mature player. What I really like about it is the superb skin support and user friendly features.

Until a few months ago I took the view that Winamp2 was the only really good player. I still use Winamp2 sometimes and find it lacking features and overall very raw, since using QCD.

QCD has excellent Tag editing features such as autotag, file renaming from Tags, multi file tagging, etc.

QCD's playlist support is much better than Winamp2. It will save updates to a playlist, add muyltiple playlists, right clicking gives a Quick Track selection which is neat. It has a lightening fast search where you can search for something and then play the resulting found tracks. It will also an auto load feature that will watch "a download directory" and load any new tracks into the playlist.

Using the QCD plug-in Elephant you can also call external programs. I use this plug-in to call EAC, ReplayGain, Nero, Tag&Rename all from within QCD. This turns it into a very powerful total media application without all the bloat.

I like Bang & Olufsens BeoPlayer, it has a 'different' interface which is slightly confusing at first but great once you are used to it.

Sounds great (to me), just needs vorbis support to be complete.

I have to try that QCD player, just removed that mymp3 pro thing of my computer, I am so traumatise of this software that I didn't listen to mp3 for the whole day. still using winamp and media player for now and will see about QCD

just tried QCD player, very impressed, easy to use as winamp and nice interface. Sound quality is good to. Will explore more of this one thanks Conger for the info

thebabe - I remain in a state of day to day trauma since the very day MyMP3Pro (V3) deleted all 2500 of my mp3 files. Glad you liked QCD.

WinAmp 2.81 is my favorite MP3 Player.
I use it in combination with DFX and Dapex MP3 Explorer, a MP3 database. It works great!
I prefer WinAmp 2.81 because WinAmp 3 is taking to much of my pc resources. Furthermore I use DFX to convert mp3 to wav and
DFX gives that extra touch to the sound.
I convert to wav and then burn an audio cd with Nero.
Of course Nero has it's own converter but like I said the sound get "warmer"with DFX.

I tried Sonique and other MP3 players but WinAmp sticks above them. I probably will still be using it...