Scampi 'n' Lemon Nik Naks are back in UK shops

Ok I doubt you can get more off topic than that but I just thought that other UK based members might have had a fondness for these knobbly delights.

Looks like Golden Wonder want feeback on this old favorite.
As well as the 'Official Warning' which states that
'Scampi 'n' Lemon Nik Naks taste delicious
...but they do stink!'

They also give an email address to send your comments.
Which is ' kickupastink@nik-naks.co.uk '.

:D :D :D :D :D

Wow, I used to love em, but hey yes they do pong a bit. I would certainly sell em in my bar though!!

Thank god someone else remembers them.

Where RU based and Do you sell decent beer in your bar ???

all of em, but stella and bud are the best!! on draught that is.

Why what do you drink?? and I didn't think the scampi nik naks had been gone for that long, but maybe they had, dunno.

By the way poacher, I used to live in Lincolnshire myself too! And I like ya poem too.

antix

Last edited:
A draft Bud would hit the spot after a decent Korma but I usually prefer a decent pint of bitter or real ale...

S&L Nik Naks have been off the shelves for 5 years.
I guess I'm going mad if I can spend an hour looking up such trivia:rolleyes:

Laz

Beer?!?!?!? Cough....splutter.......!!!!!! And .....Bud being mentioned in the same sentance!?!?!?!?!?!

I'm having a heart attack just thinking about such insults to the great word that is "BEER"! :D

Just come back from Devon today and sank a couple of pints of Hells Bells, now that my friends *is* BEER. ;) Bud is the result of the draining of my local's urinal on a busy night! LMAO, JMO of course and not the forum's so no getting upset at my comments guys. :D :p :D

But I sure do remember that flavour of Nik-Naks, they were wonderful! On a similar note, does anyone remember "Beer Nuts" ? It must have been around 10 years ago I last had some in the UK. They were peanuts (of course) in their skin with course grain salt on them and were the perfect side dish for......yes.....you got it! BEER! Can't even remember who made them either. :(

Anyone?

Jeez Scampi nik naks they where good when you had a few bevvys but as everyone else has said they did pong.You had to be careful when you went home to the missus in case she thought the smell was from somewhere else.

I'm sure I've seen beer nuts about recently...I know what you mean about when they went mainstream a few years ago though.

I'll have a look if any of my old watering holes have them when I next visit the family as I'm sure they are still available.

If a few mates are out it could turn out to be a great night with real ale and quality munchies...

There is no place like the old local :)

bertieg said:
Jeez Scampi nik naks they where good when you had a few bevvys but as everyone else has said they did pong.You had to be careful when you went home to the missus in case she thought the smell was from somewhere else.
ROTFLMAO :D :D :D

What about the guy who comes round with the basket full of seafood. Mmmm gotta have those prawns after a few Smiths.:)

I Love Scampi Niknaks but can only find them in the coop in scotland.Havent seen them anywhere else.But they do bring back memories&they do pong:)

Laz

Re: Beer nuts

psychosquat said:
Beer nuts are/were made by Brannigans and go down well with a pint or two of Holts bitter.
That's it m8!!!!!!! :eek:

Brannigans, remember now! :D