Popup killers

Moin, Moin !

I don't understand the popup-killer-discussion.

My firewall (ZA 3) is killing more popups than all popup-killers together.

Please excuse my bad English.

Gott ist tot (Nietzsche).
Nietzsche ist tot (Gott).

What's it all about?

paula said:
Moin, Moin !

I don't understand the popup-killer-discussion.

My firewall (ZA 3) is killing more popups than all popup-killers together.

Hello Paula,

Popups can be very anoying, and eventualy they can crash your computer. If you don't want that, that's were the popupkiller comes in. But you don't wanna kill every popup, because they pay's the serverspace from your favorite site too, so you will configure it. There are popupkillers such as the one you mention in Zone Alarm 3, That kills almost everything, and you cannot configure it much. So it will eventualy kill your favorite site in time. The popupkillers mentioned in this thread however, can be configured, one more than the other. Everyone has his favorite killer, there is no best, but there is for everyone a most favorable, depending of what you expect from it.

AdSubtract pro v2.52

You can read more about it at //www.adsubtract.com//

More configuring options then any I seen... You can configure for different sites so you support your sites that you visit..
Blocks 5,000,000,000 different popups, you can download thier new list to upgrade the list sent in from users of new popup windows they find...
By far the best one I've found....Give it a try.........:D :D :D

AdSubtractpro+serial attached - Removed - CM

@KidNovak:

hehehe, what do you mean by "system resources"? the programme would even run on a x386 pc. have you got a x286 pc?

there's just one disadvantage with Pop-Up Ad Filter: it crashes from time to time on my win98. but not on winxp

I like Ad Muncher, entire download file is 94KB, yes KB! Blocks popup, banners and other annoyances such as background music, javascript alert boxes, status-bar modifiers and code which interferes with the usage of your mouse

_http://www.admuncher.com/

to all of you if you download and install

admuncher beware that it installs Gator on your computer so after installing it run Adaware to clean your computer ;) :p :eek: :(

You know I see these threads all over the place in just about every forum I go to. I have only ever used one pop up killer never had any problems I just forget about it it simply does the job. XenoBar.
I see all sorts of threads of how do I and can't ect,. So simple easy to use
h©©p://www.s-studio.net/xenobar/
ven

Hypothesis: Popup killers "kill" your favorite sites.

Wrong.

Any site, including this one, that is dependent on annoying stream of popup windows is leaning on a broken crutch. It will fall eventually anyway.

Moreover, how can any "advertiser" actually think the darn things are effective? Especially when sites (not this one) launch dozens upon dozens until the system locks up.

demarc, that gator stuff maybe in the older version. the program is a tiny 94k how can any common adware/spyware squeeze in there.

Admuncher installs nothing but itself. No Gator no spyware no nothing. Please don't post rumours...
I use admuncher all the time and the only thing i noticed is that automatically check their server for filter and application updates. You can even stop this using Options / Update tab.

regards
SSB

demarc said:
to all of you if you download and install

admuncher beware that it installs Gator on your computer so after installing it run Adaware to clean your computer ;) :p :eek: :(

This is supposed to speed things up (sometimes) when using Proxomitron. Copy this line

start/high proxomitron.exe

save it using .cmd extension (file.cmd) in the program folder. Use it to start Proxomitron and see if it works.