Popup killers

Wow that Meaya Popup Ad Filter is brilliant! :)

Thanks for sharing the info. I'd been using Pop-Up Stopper before, and I'm sure it was eating my memory up slowly but surely. Anyone else found that too?

Last edited:
Thank you all for you'r replies.
I've been using Pop Up Ad Filter myself for a while and after testing out the other similar products my vote goes to meaya as well.

Thanx again mates:)

S

Shoebedobedoo

Somehow I'm convinced that many who post on this thread and say some "other" program is better than Maeya Popup Filter is beyond me. WinXP has "script block" as well.

Shoebedobedoo:confused:

Shoebedobedoo:

You are right.
I'd been using Pop-Up Stopper before, but meaya is the best: they stop all popups!!!

Thanks for the info!

There is no best software for everybody.
Like everything on this forurum it is a matter of opinion not fact.
If we all used exactly the same system with the same peripherals installed and the same software, then maybe u could say"the best".
Until that happens then its the "best for me" is about as far as u can go.

Popupkiller 1.4.5.2

Well, i'm using "popupkiler 1.4.5.2", it's working verry well for me, it has nice option's, just enable the smart function. It works on all windows versions. The project is sadly discontinued. In time i will test that wonderfull thingy that doing the rounds at the moment called "meaya popup filter".

Last edited:
the easiest way to stop all popups is to use opera ! just press F12 and select "refuse pop-up windows" if you open some warez, pr0n .... pages and press f12 again and select "accept pop-up windows" or perhaps "open pop-up windows in background" if you need them to visit some pages or if you go to cdrsoft
FortiTude

pop-stopper or change your browser switch to opera it is much bettter sorry it is the best press F12 and say refuse pop ups

po stpper is from Panicware.com

Pop-Up Stopper Companion

Alright Guys.......... the test is over and the result is

Meaya Popup Ad Filter has got the boot from me.
Pop-Up Stopper Companion 3.0 is BETTER than Meaya Popup Ad Filter.

Ofcourse, Pop-Up Stopper did let a few(only a few) pop-ups through(1 month), but this Meaya Popup Ad Filter not only let many pop-ups through, even when it blocked the pop-ups it gave an error dialog box asking whether to debug or not. You HAD to close that error box. This is very annoying. What is the use of blocking a pop-up and then giving you an error box to close?? I checked the configuration and everything seemed alright to me. I tested it for about 2 weeks and I had to close so many error boxes which really annoyed me. I am back to good ol' Pop-Up Stopper

So, Pop-Up Stopper Companion is the best for me.

S

Shoebedobedoo

Re: Pop-Up Stopper Companion

freakyboy2003 said:
Alright Guys.......... the test is over and the result is

Meaya Popup Ad Filter has got the boot from me.
Pop-Up Stopper Companion 3.0 is BETTER than Meaya Popup Ad Filter.

Ofcourse, Pop-Up Stopper did let a few(only a few) pop-ups through(1 month), but this Meaya Popup Ad Filter not only let many pop-ups through, even when it blocked the pop-ups it gave an error dialog box asking whether to debug or not. You HAD to close that error box. This is very annoying. What is the use of blocking a pop-up and then giving you an error box to close?? I checked the configuration and everything seemed alright to me. I tested it for about 2 weeks and I had to close so many error boxes which really annoyed me. I am back to good ol' Pop-Up Stopper

So, Pop-Up Stopper Companion is the best for me.
Never have this problem with Meaya Popup Add Filter :D
Was using Popup Stopper until moderator recommended Meaya :D
Popup Stopper great program :D
Meaya= much better :D :D
My vote goes to Meaya (hands down)

Shoebedobedoo:cool:

I have found this one works well even on the main site here its called PopUpCop and has the same "white list" as meaya. honestly tho this is the first one i ever found that actually worked maybe someone would like to try it and see what happens, i may also try meaya and compare them myself

I still like pop up killer also useing 1.45.2

Easy to use, can paste web addresses of sites I want to have popups and allows wildcards in posts. Some sites I still need to see popups. you can set limit on windows open etc.

I like that I have more control but more control means more keystrokes and this older program will let more popups activate with controlls turned down

didnt like popup companion 3

pop up cop was pretty good also use that at work

my firewall already blocks adds

I plan on trying pop up ad filter the posted forum support winner

I agree with Shoebedobedoo

This is the best, i also used Popup Stopper Companion from panicware before.....but this Pop-Up Ad Filter from Meaya rocks.

Tried their testpage with all kind of pop-up variants and it tooked them all :D

And that you can put sites like this and other good on the "White List" also makes it easy to use.

I tried Cdcovers page and no probs at all.
Their ads came up like it should....perfect.

Copykat

I've tried a lot of Popup Filter's.. So here is what I recommend.

1. Super Pop up Blocker 2.4 w*w.shareware4web.com)
This is basically the same as Pop-up Ad Filter but uses
a lot less system resources.

2. Pop-Up Ad Filter
Same as Pop up Blocker but uses more system resources

3. PopupCop
This Filter is O.K., it even blocks Flash Ads. The problem with
this filter is that when it blocks an Popup, the browser flashes
which is annoying.

KidNovak