Nero Burning / Windows Xp

When writing a CDR under Windows XP (final release) using Nero, the last file on the CD is unreadable. The PC returns error each time, and the CD Drive crashes !
I use NERO since three years without a prob, seems to be related to my installation of windows XP.
Bill

N.B.

Staff member
Could you be a little more specific ?
Especially: What Nero version are you using ?
Latest version ? (v.5.5.4.0)
Cracked ? Serial ?

Hi bud:Welcome to the forum!Nero 55.40 works well with Xp.The only major bug is in writing Svcd's.

My best luck was with VOB demo 6.02 using XP.It worked flawlessly.XP does not install a proper aspi layer which is needed for some programs.I would suggest you update it with the adaptec aspi layer.

What are you trying to write to disc?Or does it happen all the time.You may want to re-install Nero to see if that helps.:)

the only fact is under xp u cant reach the maximum of the cdr in my case 79min ,nero5.5.4,newest aspi,worked before same with inbound aspi,u see this by writing large divx files over 696MB to cdr than size reaches critical limit.......

any suggestions :confused:

(HP CDRW7500e / external(lpt1) own written driver but works fine with all other burning programms)

Thanx but,

Thank you for your posts, but I still got the problem.
I am using Nero 5.5.4.0 latest version.
When writing any file to a cdr, even for a total amount of 10 MB (see I do not go beyong 700MB!) the writing is successful (for what says the nero burning message). But when reading my CD, the last file (in lexical order, i guess it is the last to be written on the cdr) is unreadable. XP would say something like error blah blah cycling blah blah, and then the drive stops.
When inserting the cdr at first in the drive, the toc is ok, first files are Ok to be clicked on and so on. Only the last one causes my troubles.
Any ideas ? Do you think ASPI drivers could be the problem ?
Bill

N.B.

Staff member
Usually I do not run through such problems, so I do not have that much expirience about it !
The new updated ASPI layer is a good idea !
The other thing is: Ahead released a new verion of Nero v.5.5.5.1 !
Read on w*w.cdrsoft.cc more about it !

Yep, this one has me baffled too.Maybe that new version contains bug fixes.There are two drivers for Nero,a standard driver and one for the NT version file system.Nero installs the standard driver version I believe.I will look for more info.

more thanks to aspicheck

I try the aspi check prog,
and I got all latest versions :
wnaspi32.dll 4.60
winaspi.dll 4.60
aspi32.stys 4.60
wowpost.exe 4.60

but I got a prob in the remark window, it is written : 0xEB - ASPI is properly installed but it is unable to initialize. It is uncertain what caused the failure (0x%02[X).

What does that mean?
Bill

ASPI non workin

U are on with the latest ,thats fine dont worry about the message this is normal @ SBILL:D

Nero 5551

I tried and still the same prob, the latest written file is unreadable... :(
Should I try to delete winaspi32 ?
Where should I put the mmc.dll file ?

Bill

mmc.dll

I have got no such dll to replace with the new file :(
aspichk now tells my aspi layer is ok !
strange...
Bill

uninstall and reinstall

uninstall and reinstall nero 5551, but nothing better, I tried a new cd, and same result.
What the Fuck is that, should I remove files from windows/system concerning aspi such as wnaspi32.dll winaspi.dll and others ?
Bill

Easy bud,I know it's frustrating,we're trying to help.This is the reason I switched to Vob 6.02.Remember Xp is a new OS,it is still buggy also.Just wait for more help from others so you don't make anymore coasters.I'm trying my best.:)

tried Easy CD Creator to check my drive

I tried to do exactly the same thing with easy cd creator 5 deluxe, and guess what ? It worked at the first time, so I guess the problem is linked with NERO, innit ?

Yep...sure sounds like it!Xp has a built in writing software too,but I never tried it.Hope we can sort out the Nero problem though,it is a good software!:)

Oh,don't remove your aspi files,it can cause lots of system problems.;)