Nero 6.0 Ultra..is it worth it?

LTR12101B said:
OMG! - PC World have Nero 6 at £39.99 (online - not sure if the store price is the same)

That beats Special Reserve's £47.99

Software Warehouse has theirs as "Ultra" - not sure if that makes a difference. are all retail boxed versions "Ultra", or is that an extra?
@LTR12101B :( Well,that`s about 25 smackers extra I`ve had to shell out.A lot.There`s always somewhere that`s cheaper-the problem is finding it.BTW,I think there`s a few more extras in `Ultra` than the standard 6....Will somebody confirm this?

Last edited:
Well,the replacement arrived this morning,along with other things..Opened the box-It was the boxed Nero 6! Plus something else! (No mention of "Ultra Edition" on the box,though.) Also inside the box:A letter that reads:
"We are sorry for the inconvenience we have caused you. Please accept this free gift of "Sure Thing CD/DVD Labeler Deluxe Edition" We have refunded the cost of carriage to your credit card as agreed." Delved further into the box,and sure enough, there was "Sure Thing".I then installed 6.0,then upgraded it to the latest version (6.0.0.1.5).Upgraded all the other components,then I emailed Ahead to ask `em what the difference is between "Nero 6 Ultra Edition retail boxed" and "Nero 6 retail boxed" is ,because I can`t see any.Unless any of you or Ahead know differently..At least Software Paradise have tried to make amends,I suppose,(a show of good will),but I think I`ve got the (slightly) wrong item again.(or have I?)..Oh,well..This time I`m keeping it!

Last edited:
Yep, lucky guy... you can keep Surething which is a very nice labeler, and put Nero 6 to the bin (just to resist the temptation installing it!). :D

Yeah,I got a reply from Ahead and they said there`s no difference between Nero 6 and Nero 6 Ultra- they`re the same retail product.I don`t think I`ll bin it though-I`m using it now..I`ll also still keep using BurnAtOnce though :) :)