need a 24/96 sound card recommendation

DAT problem

sad week this week, my car died :( (toothed belt is ripped), my monitor died :eek: (a reason to visit my brother to get access to the rest of the word :D ) and friday i got my new EWX 24/96 (set up per PCing via TV), but now i have a new problem too:
the (internal) coax digital-in won't function with my standalone DAT machine (Pioneer D-05); :confused:

when i switch to "External Clock" (DAT=Master, EWX=Slave) in the EWX controll panel, i allways get the message "No Sigal" or "No Sync" and i hear only distortion noise at the digital-in;

the EWX digital-in is correct jumpered to "internal in" and "S/PDIF (not TTL) level"
the DAT is connected via:
DAT digital-out (chinch/RCA) ==> (chinch/RCA) 3m/9,8ft 75Ohm digital cable (Molex connector) ==> EWX's internal digital-in

the DAT do not have a optical/TOSLINK digital-out and the EWX don't have a external electrical digital-in (i known this before buying ;) ); so i thought this "internal" solution with a modified cable would be a good way;

the DAT output signal is specified as IEC/EIAC format and EWX's input requires S/PDIF format; IEC/EIAC seems to be only an older name for the S/PDIF format, so it should be cooperate;

when i configure EWX's digital-in to the external optical in (TOSLINK) and connect my standalone CD player to the EWX, everything works well: incoming clock recognized, synchronization successful and i'm able to hear and record the digital-in;

Any ideas about the DAT problem?

Greetings from
Duracell

today seems to be a good day;
1. got the digital converter (Terratec "Vice Versa") => recording from DAT to EWX's digital in works flawless now :)
2. got my new, lovely monitor Samsung SyncMaster 959NF;
3. my car dealer called me and said the Focus will arrive next week;

Duracell said:
today seems to be a good day;
1. got the digital converter (Terratec "Vice Versa") => recording from DAT to EWX's digital in works flawless now :)
2. got my new, lovely monitor Samsung SyncMaster 959NF;
3. my car dealer called me and said the Focus will arrive next week;
Looks so sporty.,.real cute..But i dont like its 4 cylindars(2 litar engine-should be 4??)..v6 would be my choice always..Got cd-changer-great..Anyway..Enjoy all the toys..........And dont forget to change toothing belt every 100.000-or whatever is written in a manual,or you`ll looking for a new car again :p

Last edited:
roadworker said:
when things like that happen to me, I can tell ya it's a good year ,instead of a good day... :D :p ;)
your statement is typical for a married man; :p :D

zver said:
Looks so sporty.,.real cute..But i dont like its 4 cylindars(2 litar engine-should be 4??)..v6 would be my choice always..
is the civil offshoot of Ford's FIA World Rally Championship car and yes 4 cylinders because the original is 2 liter 4 cylinders too (but with more Turbo Pressure); i'm sure i will love this new adult toy; :)

And dont forget to change toothing belt every 100.000-or whatever is written in a manual,or you`ll looking for a new car again :p
the toothed belt was ripped after 55.00 kilometers (5.000 km before regular change); this happend the 3rd time in 9 years car life, 1. and 2. time Opel/Vauxal (General Motors) paid the bill, but now they won't pay anymore; so i won't buy a Opel/Vauxal anymore; :p