MenuModder (codename) coming soon!, so you can mod your Menu buttons

Hi DS people:)

this is just to tell you that soon DS will soon have it's own Menu editing tool codename MenuModder :D (but this will change) and the good news is that all owners of DS will get a copy. I will be contacting a few random users very soon for a wider beta test

below is just what I thought most would need at the minute but suggestions of required features are welcomed as I may have missed something out so that's why I've posted now as it will be easier to implent now or afterwards ;). All it takes is a few clicks to load and save and according to Arianos it's 'Superfast' :)

at the minute, MenuModder Beta allows you to do the following :

* Remove buttons with ease

* Resize buttons

* Move buttons to a new location

* Resize window showing buttons and it will adjust them to scale

* Restore feature

* Display Groups of Buttons

* Personal Layout Preferences with various settings

* Built in previewer

the Full version will hopefully have the following added soon

* Save buttons

* Add buttons

Future versions will allow the following

* Edit button commands

* Pick starting button

EXCELLENT nice addition to an already popular program MACKEM :)

See now this is what ya get for being a PAID up owner of D.S. you give MACKEM AND MAD-G the incentive to make it EVEN BETTER for you :)

keep up the good work guys :)

Wheelie4 said:
Do the makers of MenuEdit have anything to do with this?

This will be very interesting to compare to the way I'm currently using MenuEdit reg.version inside of DS. Looking forward to it!

Random user

PC-GUY said:
You ever sleep?:)
it's boring when you sleep as no development is done ;)

Wheelie4 said:
Do the makers of MenuEdit have anything to do with this?
nope

ablindog said:
This will be very interesting to compare to the way I'm currently using MenuEdit reg.version inside of DS. Looking forward to it!

Random user
yes, very interesting indeed :D, of course it will work best with DS but it will also work as a standalone

like I said, ideas welcomed :)

StanHere

MackemX

Good Addition to a great program!

I have been using my fully regged, latest version of MenuEdit with DVDStripper till now to accomplish 1/8th of what this addition will be able to do with my many episodic rips.

Again, I could not be more pleased with the continued development AND timely, helpful support from you for such a fast & reliable program.

made a few changes to the current list in 1st post and it's getting better :D

developments been a bit slow due to XMAS & New Year but it's made some progress ;)

been using the software for about 2 months now,best money i spent,used to use menuedit before myself as well.but now that type of feature is going to be implemented its just got better
cheers untold

S

SPURDOG

Dvdstripper keeps getting better, and with this new tool it will make it great.
When you say it will remove a button from the menu, will it still be seen on the menu (like Menuedit) or will it be completey be removed so you can't see it at all.
great work.

SPURDOG

@spurdog, do you mean the higlighting of the button or the actual button graphic within the DVD image?

removing the button is easy ;), but modifying the graphic isn't :(

@untold, thanks mate ;) I know you had a bit of an issue when you tried to buy it but I'm pleased to hear you like it :D

S

SPURDOG

That was a quick reply MakemX. What I meant was will you still be able to see the button graphics. eg. if you've got a button which says "Special Features" will you still be able to see that or will it act the same as Menuedit where you can still see it, but it dosen't get highlighted.
But i think you have answered my question by saying "removing the button is easy , but modifying the graphic isn't".
When you say that you will be able to move the buttons, does the button graphics within the dvd image get moved as well ?

cheers

Spurdog

quick replies are simple :). That's email notification for you if you are at the right place at the right time ;)

A simple still image menu could be easily modified to remove a button but that would still require some user input to modify the pic etc. If it's a complicated interwoven button still picture then it's just not worth the time and effort. If it's a motion menu then you have to adjust every frame for that menu to remove a button and again it's just not worth it

I guess moving buttons is not really a great feature for most but it's in there because it was something that can be done ;). Maybe in time it will develop but for now it's staying the way it is as other things are more important :)

fredthompson

Will removal be intelligent enough with this addition such that completely removed VOBs will be real small? Suppose you have one that's just previews and you want to remove them. OK, you remove the buttons' links for those previews. Now there's no need for the VOB, right? Suppose DVDStripper broke the VOB into 20 component pieces and you've selected all of them for delete. Doesn't the current release create a VOB with a stub for each component?