Mandrake 10.0 CE

Ok, now sound seems(?) working, no system notifications sounds though. That"s the error i still got in my boot.log:
ar 20 21:35:31 localhost alsactl: alsactl: load_state:1134:
Mar 20 21:35:31 localhost alsactl: No soundcards found...
Mar 20 21:35:31 localhost sound: Setting mixer settings failed
I give up searching, i"ll wait for the final MD10CE :D

Somehow, I had managed to install and get the nvidia drivers running very nicely (used the nvidia-kernel*.rpm package from the powerpack edition) for some one week. However, today I was greeted by a fatal error console message while booting, and xserver just refused to load, as the nvidia driver "was not existing"! :confused:
I performed via root console an uninstall "rpm -e nvidia*.rpm", rebooted, and the xserver loaded fine with the nv Xfree driver firmly working. I cannot understand what happened, but then whoever knows too much has to die! :D

scarecrow said:
Somehow, I had managed to install and get the nvidia drivers running very nicely (used the nvidia-kernel*.rpm package from the powerpack edition) for some one week. However, today I was greeted by a fatal error console message while booting, and xserver just refused to load, as the nvidia driver "was not existing"! :confused:
I performed via root console an uninstall "rpm -e nvidia*.rpm", rebooted, and the xserver loaded fine with the nv Xfree driver firmly working. I cannot understand what happened, but then whoever knows too much has to die! :D
Seems like a well-known issue on this pre-alpha release: you have to modprobe nvidia at every bootup.
Just put:
nvidia
in /etc/modprobe.preload
and it will be fine.