is possible a perfect audio copy?

s possible a perfect audio copy?
1:1

really perfect?
with a good cdrom (CD-DA) and a good burner!!!and a good software like eac with the right setting

because i read a famous audio paper for audiophile and...

"it's impossible to make a perfect audio copy"....

ps. does only eac use offset for read and write???

thanks

Every one month something comes like that....Like..........Audiograbber is the best,burn it at once(sound the best)................Polish cds before you play them...........bla bla bla.....If i were you wouldnt listen that..............imho there is no way that somebody can recognize copy of original........Use good soft and hardvare.......And it WONT be a difference...........eac and good reader(writer)is the killing combination..........Just my 2 cents(or my ears are not as good as from thouse guys):)

I've been using EAC for two years now and have been consistently happy with it. You can hear a very marginal difference on an audiophile oriented stereo system -- especially with the new 24 bit and + mastered discs, but the difference seems minimal. EAC is the best share/postcard-ware out, IMHO.

Just curius?????

My all audio system is worth 7-9 thou $ canadian.............And i cannot hear the difference...................whats the value of your????Im very curius!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Also,somebody else..........???????????

Hey zver, I don't want to get into any p1ssing matches over stereos (inasmuch as mine is only worth around $3500 Canadian), but this evening I'm going to burn a new copy of A Love Supreme with either EAC or CloneCd and compare. Why don't you do the same with an album you know well, when you get a chance, and post your impressions here? Cheers!

I find some cdrs can make the sound a little "thin" or trebley compared to the original , no matter what the software. Then again the opposite sometimes applies, especially with old original cds.
I guess thats why somebody invented the graphic equalizer!

into any p1ssing matches over stereos

Im just curius....Logic is that more expensive stereo should sound more truthfull........I know Poco and Master have some audio systems...............So thets why i asked.....Who knows,we might have a members here with $50000 stereo??????Still,i was listenning in showromes expensive speakere($30000 us)couldnt hear a difference?????Or my ears are bad???????We are just discussing and wasting a time:)................Once again,im apologizing,didnt explain well.............I wanted somebody else with expencive system to give oppinion...................

i got the terratec dmx 6fire 24/96 for 250 Euro
my reciever (pioneer vsx-709-rds with dolby digital, dts, ...) was 300 Euro
then i use the yamaha crw3200 for 200 Euro
not a bad system at all, only my speakers aren't the best (from CAT)
but i didn't have the time to do a sound check with a original audio cd (i only have very few original audio cds very deep under all the other stuff lying around)
i will try it when i have time
FortiTude

Perfect audio copy?
Deah no such ting as perfect audio copy onto cd as one can always find someting wrong wit de end product.
Also your audio system your playin it on will have a big part to play in de audio output quality to.
As for de copyin side of ting media type hardware software etc all play their rolls as you know.
Audiograbber I tent to use from time to time for rippin tracks I need.

I think this a "Holy Grail" question.
I think unless youve got a pressing plant in your living room then a copy will never completely match an original under scientific test.
However, in reality who sits there listening to both the original and the copy going " Umm , that sounded slightly fuller at that point etc".
I'm a musician and I've got a good ear (or two!) and I cant hear any noticable difference in my copies.
I've never had anybody come back to me and say "this is not an exact copy".
If you read and write the cd without any outside interference then everything should be lovely!
I never have any other programs running when reading a cd, and I never burn on the fly. (maybe I'm just too careful).
When I'm burning it doesnt seem to make any difference, even if the buffer-underun kicks in.
Anyhow the average punter doesnt have a state of the art stereo, and if they were that fussed would go out and buy the "real" one.

yeah, i fully agree with you RASTABT and daveml
i use my surround sound and it is really nice, but it doesn't matter for me if it is a original or not, the quality of most mp3 or ogg from the net is fully sufficient
FortiTude

Hmmm. I burned the 'Train with EAC and it sounds wunnerful but not quite up to the 20 bit original (not quite as sharp on the edges, less dynamic, etc.).

Maybe I'm insane. That would explain a lot of things. I'll discuss this with the Sirians when they contact me on the radio inside my head -- those fillings act as an antenna, doncha-know.

Anyhoo, this is still an interesting thread. Cheers!

a copy will never completely match an original under scientific test.
You only have to use EAC's "Compare WAVs" tool to see that the digital information there is in the original and in the copy is the same, unless the CD is scratched or the CDROM reader is old.

If you can hear a difference between the copy and the original then the problem lies in the poor compatibility between player and CDR (cheap CDRs aren't a good idea).
Probably we couldn't distinguish the original and the copy in a blind test.

Extract with a program that reads C2 errors like EAC or Feurio, and you'll get a perfect copy.

I use EAC, and I have about $5,500 worth of hi-fi (just CD player, Amp, and speakers). I haven't bothered to check differences between disks, but this seems to be a matter of CDR reflectivity, if you ask me. It is common knowledge that DVD players are very fussy about the grade and manufacturer od the DVD-R disks used (try many copies on a PS2, for example, and it'll spit them out). I see no reason to presume that CD players should be completely free of similar foibles, even though they might not go quite so far as to actually reject the disks. If a CD player's laser is having mild difficulty in reading a disk, because it does not have the optimum reflectivity offered by pressed originals, then of course it's error correction is going to be working harder, and the higher frequencies are going to suffer, since these require the most detailed information.

My Plextor 40-12-40a offers a "VariREC" option, which is selectable when burning audio disks. This varies the Laser settings during burning, and can be biased one way or the other, from neutral. Apparently this has the effect, depending on the setting you choose, of subtly altering the subjective sound quality when you play back the finalised disk on an audiophile system. I will try this at some point, but, to date, I've not bothered playing with the settings, simply because I am more than happy with the copies I already get!

Personally, my best advice would be to:

Use EAC, since it has far more substantial error-checking, and error-correction than *ANY* other ripper.

Buy decent CDRs (if you care about sound quality then it follow that you should care about media quality).

Buy CDRs that are as silver, and highly-reflective, as you can find - in other words, ones which most closely resemble commercial pressed CDs.

Don't write your CDRs at 40x!!! Write them at no faster than 8x (in fact Plextor recommend not writing AUDIO CDRs any faster than 4x, believe it or not. This advice does not apply to standard, non-audio data).

Finally, if you are writing your audio to cheapo CDRs, at 40x, and you find they are decent enough quality for your ears, then carry on as you are, and good for you!

CDrZeus.

Last edited:
I'm with daveml: CDRs make a difference. I did a test with a Marantz KI Signature and a good set of Sennheiser headphones and the cdrs sounded brighter/ thinner.

Hardly noticable to be honest. If you are going to be a complete audiophile, your CD player should be 'warmed up' before a listening session!!!

Feurio and EAC :)

if you ask me there are far too many factors involved here regarding how it sounds when played back a) unless yer playing it back in a sound proof room with no objects in to reflect or distort the sound then how can you tell if it sounds noticably different !? im no expert but if yer moving around the room anyhow then the sound is not gunna be the same everywhere you stand !? and thats logical isnt it !?:confused:!?

b) dependent on media/type/brand/dye color/thickness blah blah of the disk you are copying to!, can be a big plus or minus in the quality of a reproduction of an original as the original will always be recorded most probably on far superior quality blanks than you or i could buy bulk lot at the local puter store !!

and finally c) there are always possibilitys with flaws in burning media to a disk as you are ACTUALLY burning the iformation to the disk as opposed to STAMPING the audio or even data onto the disk as thats how disk are manufactured in bulk production l by pressing the information onto the disk not burning it in! and thats how most disks are reproduced as far as im aware!!!?!??!
so there is very very little chance of a flaw in production where even the slightest jitter over wobble in a puter burn session could mean the difference in good or bad recordings !! (it does/can happen you know !!:( )

thats just my opinion to this matter :D

h**p://yamaha-online.de/html-section/cdrec/crwf1/advanced%20amqr.htm

I've just bought the CRW-F1 and I can tell you that this drive is AWESOME. It puts my Plextor 40-12-40a in the shade!

It overburns to 99 minutes WITHOUT screwing up the table of contents, and without doing substandard burns, like my LiteOn 40-12-48.

Anyway, with regard to the audio-master-quality feature of the Yamaha, I will do some test burns in a couple of days and repost with my findings. It's good to see Yamaha really doing something significant on the audio-quality front.

CDrZeus.

yes i hear the yammy is good with audio but bear in mind i know a few people who took yammys back or sent em back to the manufacture plant as they died after 6 months use !? and few people i mean more than 4 they now have plextor or liteon's ;) f.y.i not dissin the yammy but 4 people is not good ! :(