Duron 1000mhz up to 1200mhz ( 9x133 )
512 mo sdram 133mhz
MSI K7T ultra 2
HD IBM 7200rpm Udma 66
Win XP Pro

S

satans_priest

dropzone said:
I just converted What Women Want to vcd and it took 20-30 mins for Smartripper, and then once in TMPGEnc it took just mins over 6 hours. I missed the time in dvd2avi per I left but I don't think that it was that long. Apparently going to the Athlon from my puny Duron makes a huge diff. but for now I don't mind the six hours per I do it when I go to bed. The one I hate doing is making svcd's with a dvd2svcd. Great proggie and I love the results but takes about 36 hours for it to finish.

Abit KT7 motherboard
Duron 1ghz o/c to 1100 (front side bus)
WD 30GB 5400 rpm
256mb pc133
Hercules Geforce 2 mx o/c
12x dvd

I know, I know I need to pretty much upgrade everything, but I have been laidoff from the defunk telecommunications industry.
20-30 min with smartripper ?? i takes me about 5 minutes (max. !! ) to copy a dvd onto the harddrive .... seems that your dvddrive makes problems ...

I don't doubt it. I feel like I am duck taping everything and for the rest or the stuff use spit and glue. If these bastard telecom companies would stop filling banko than I could get a damn job again. Hehehe.

I have a duron 1200 and a 2 hour movie with dvd2svcd and 3 pass takes about 10 hours.
Vcd on highest tmpgenc settings takes about3/4 hours for a 2 hour film.

E

elpresidente

AMD XP 1700
encoding @realtime with cce

@ Shadoe *lol* faster than some P4 ;)

@ nunyabiznes01
CBR 6000 ?! *lol* very good setup cause u just waste space ... and will never fit a CBR 6000 movie on to 1 DVDR...DVDs r encoded at VBR ...

btw. u should change the poll to :
At which speed do u encode :
0.5x realtime
0.7x
1x realtime !
or something like that ...cause only that value can be compared ;)

üsse

For dvd to divx
a two hour movie takes 5 hours using gknot and divx 5.02 on two pass. That's 5 hours from when I rip the cd to when it's done encoding it.

I have an AMD 1GHz
win2k sp3
384MB pc133
46GB 7200 hd
12x creative dvd

And the quality I get for a one cd rip is pretty damn good!!

As (fast) you watch it - VIEWING TIME !

Capture the DVD movie while viewing it.

DVD out cables (or, creative Dx3 card out) to the AIW in breakout box. Play the movie through the DVD player(standalone or, creative 6x in my case) and capture to the pre-set VCD/SVCD settings in MMC 7.7

Then drop it into NERO and you have a VCD(s) of the DVD.

VCD works very well, but I can't do much of SVCD as i drop about 6% of the capture (my set up is quite old)

any1 try this way ? comments please !

my platform is quite old -
P3 500 Mhz, 768 MBRAM, 7200 RPM 20 gig HDD,
AIW 128 16MB AGP card, creative 6X DVD abd Dx3 card.

csoftnew, the guys above are talking about ripping and encoding, not capturing. Capturing in real time produces very ordinary results quality wise. The quality they produce is way above what you are producing so its like comparing apples with oranges.

encodeing speed

I have a 1.7ghz intel with 256mb-ddr, and when encodeing with CCE 2.64 or 2.66 straight Uncompressed avi at 352 by 240,I can encode at 150FPS or 5 times real time, so a 2 hour movie takes 25-minutes, but I usually encode SVCD"s frame served from DVD2AVI to Tmpgenc through the Vfapi converter to CCE and is about 0.725 real time which isn"t bad compared to any other encoders....