Help Again!!!

just outta the hell of testing it BANZI try copying it using clone cd using the fast error skip option for safe disk 2

read both sub channels audio and data and tick for fast error skip

then burn with the game setting profile in clone cd :)

test of course on the CDRW and i think it should format to 700mb if not used for packet writing !? just erase the disk in nero :)

test it with the above settings and see if it works ?!

@stone_burner i know your knowledge bud ... but this does remarkably sounds like safe disk 2 sort of errors ?!

maby just a little bit of fiddling with clones settings may get a result !?

i know subs aint that critical with safedisk but it dont hurt to have them read at the same time too :)

Ok folks.Here we go:)

WWW3 Black Gold installs ok right up 2 the last 10 secs according 2 the installer, then the drive slows right down when reading some type of ingame soundfile.It does this 4 about 1-2mins then i get a meesage box sayin Corrupt Installation file:(It does this on both the burner & me reader:(

Hostile Waters on the other hand works ok, the only niggle is that when U start the game, it does seem 2 check the CD for somethin & it does this slowly, but then it goes in2 the game ok:)So no probs there:p

VIPER will try out copying it with CloneCD 2moro.Me not used that Prog in a while cause on my old Mitsumi4x2x8 when burning with the Protected CD Profile, it always seemed 2 end up making an Audio CD????The last 1 it done that 2 was the first Spiderman game(ahh the memories, i can rem playin that on me old Commadore C64 years ago....But i digress:pI might even try copyin WWW3 just 2 see if i made a bad copy:)

Many Thanks

BaNzI:D

Baby, baby, first do what the snake man says and invest in a couple of cdrws, preferably hi-speed (4x to 10x) 80 min ones.

This ain't a standard prot so it's gonna be trial and error.

If the read errors are consecutive (i.e. every sector from ~35% to ~40-45% is bad), it must have taken hours to make an image with alcohol. Sounds like the custom prot used on some versions of Soldiers of Anarchy (some releases use securom 4.8x whilst others use a home made prot which is just a massive number of consecutive bad sectors).

Well, how best to copy it? Again the snake man is right; alcohol may well be the best all round duper right now but when it comes to consecutive read errors (Ring Protech, Protect CD, laserlock and this custom garbage) ccd is still the king.

Try making an image with ccd with the profile suggested by VIPER_1069 but modify it a bit by enabling IBBS (set it at 500) and also check Regenerate Data Sectors (and save your log file so we can look at it if it doesn't work).

Once you've got your image, mount it on alcohol's virtual drive to see it will install and run from there. If it does, your image is good and you can try burning it. If not, then the image is bad so don't bother.

If you've got a good image, burn to a cdrw as VIPER_1069 suggested with the standard ccd game cd profile and, if that works, then burn to a cdr with the same profile.

Let us know how you get on and if it fails, tell us what readers/writers you've got and and post the ccd log file from the reading op so we can get a better idea of what type of prot is on the cd.

No probs SB.Will do it ASAP & post the results 2moro sometime

Just found it funny that WWW3 copied ok, but never worked & Hostile Waters, the 1 causing all the probs works fine other than slowing the CD right down when running the game.Confused i am

Many thanks 4 the reply bud

PS cant believe me postin this at 04:16.Man i gotta stop yakkin on AIM all night:):p:D

Hi Folks.Here's the findings:)

Tried what was suggested

Erased CDRW with Nero, fired up CloneCD(took me a while 2 find out how 2 change options in the profiles ahem):)

WWW3 copied ok, but when i tried 2 burn it, the image file was 2 large 4 the CDRW(space on disc 754.??Mb, space needed 763.??Mb, but cloneCD asked if i wanted 2 try overburning it, so it done it & the copy works fine:)

Hostile Waters(Grrr):)Again used the methods mentioned & it still hit a shed load of errors, then tried 2 burn it & it worked ok.

Both work ok without having 2 mount them in Alcohol:)

This is my first time trying 2 attach a file 2 a post, so hop it goes ok.The files are WWW3burn.txt, HWcopy.txt & HWburn.txt.Am posting these so all can see the error messages

Many Many Thanks again 4 all the Informative advice i have recieved on this matter.Without this help me would have prob wasted many discs, so Cheers all

PS damn it wont let me past the 3 attachments at the same time so gonna have 2 do another 2 posts:)

Last edited: