Gamecube, xbox, or PS2?

What would you buy?

• Total voters

jhendrickx

Hi PS2King, although I'am a PC Techie, I don't see the XBox just behind the tech specs. I bought both, PS2 and XBox, and kept it for almost 2 months at home; and I rented/bought the same games for them: Wreckless, NFS HP2 and others; and, not just me, my wife, and some friends and relatives, found the XBox graphics and sounds more appealing.

Regarding the controller, I mean controller S; I agrees with you about the poor button placement of the original one; but the S have some nicer touchs, just like the triggers, ideal for FPS (First Person Shooters) and driving.

Of course, I respect your 'Queen' (if you're the PS2 King :p ...); but I prefer the fast loading times of XBox. Also the lack of Hard Disk it's a real headache, and don't talk about the huge possibilities when you mod your console.

Here (Venezuela), I had a plenty of Colleagues with PS2 and only a few ones with XBox; but almost all agree about the superior 'quality' of XBox games. 6 (out of 9) have now XBoxes; and I think the developers have noticed this; 2 years ago the new games were exclusively for PS2 (well 90%), and the other 10% for XBox and NGC, now almost all the new games comes to PS2 and XBox (well not mention exclusive sagas).

As last point, PS2 have a bigger catalog, but for me (37 years) many of them are just kiddie games; I like a lot FPS and driving, and some sports; so, the selection of PS2 games is just like the XBox, one of the few PS2 games I wish for my XBox is GT3/GT4, but I feel the X have enough selection of driving games to fulfill this.

Best Regards, and thanks for coming with this nice chat,
Jean H//

losferwords

Quick question (slightly off topic) - cna the GAMECUBE be modded and the gaMes backed up? I have a Modded PS2 and my wee un would like a GAMECUBE for her room, but I don't want her destroying the games.