Gamecube, xbox, or PS2?

What would you buy?

• Total voters

ps2king

Which one would you buy? If you bought one and regret having it then vote for the one you want and not the one u have!!!

VOTE Above!!!

@ ps2king :)

I added another category lol I have all 4 consoles :p :p :p and EACH one has its own PLUS and MINUS factors :)

X-BOX purely because it KICKS the A$$ of anything out there at the moment for graphics and power built around the NVIDIA chipset and the fastest console processor 733mhz ... and the hard disk (although only 8 gb as standard..can be changed when modding to any size! :) )..gives you virtually unlimited storage for game saves :) plus the added bonus of having your own CD collection as IN GAME music :)

on the X-BOX downside unless you have it MODDED, ...DVD playback is simply not possible without BUYING the remote EYE dongle and REMOTE :(

Games are EXPENSIVE new but they are with most consoles :( although second hand games are easy to get hold of or trade in for :)

PS2 like you say with its SHEER VOLUME of back catalogue of PStation games and PS2 games and the JUMP AHEAD of the pack in being around a whole heap longer than X-BOX makes it the biggest selling console to date & the handy fact it plays DVD's with no additional hardware makes it as an appealing BEDROOM player as well as a games system :)

The PS2 has some neat additional never seen before controllers/addons with the release of the EYETOY a sorta webcam for controlling the games that come with it is good fun when you have had a few beers ....( please note DVDBASE does not encourage mindless drunkeness/drinking if underage/missuse of consoles under the influence of alchohol lol lol :p ) and the HEADSET/voice controller made famous by the SOCOM series of games and now you can buy a KARAOKE headset and mic controller to go with your DANCEMAT as well as the guns etc etc most consoles already have :)

With the PS3/PS2-HDD /PS2 concept machine on the horizon it could be promising in the CHALLENGE to the MIGHT & POWER of the X-BOX technology :)

Gamecube Is the BABY of the console war ...sadly NINTENDO has apparently CEASED production on the CUBE at least for the time being to concentrate on SOFTWARE development much the same as SEGA did with the DREAMCAST (which was and still is a good console beleive it or not!! :) ) .... DUBBED the "KIDDY CONSOLE" by its makers the GAMECUBE has some nice games for it with great graphics it BLOWS the PS2 up with its mighty `485 MHz custom IBM PowerPC "Gekko" processor ` and a CUSTOM built ATI gfx chipset.. it whoops PS2'S 294.912 MHz processor into place :)

The main downside of the CUBE is it cannot PLAY dvds ..unless they bring out BLOCKBUSTER hits on 8CM hi density DVD's Then you have no hope in hell of using it as an extra entertainment unit as audio cds will not fit it either :(

You will also find that at least 80% of all games are aimed purely at KIDS hence the KIDDY console branding :( ...but hey the games still kick butt and play well but ....the controllers are badly thought out for comfort/design and prolonged gameplay can hurt your hands :(

The recent addition to the cube THE GAMEBOY PLAYER allows you to play both standard /old GAMEBOY/GAMEBOYCOLOR and GAMEBOY ADVANCE games on the GAMECUBE using you TV set is a bonus :) but.... costs more money :(

Anyhow to sum up ALL 3 consoles have their own HIGHS and LOWS but the PS2 and X-BOX are the future as both already have DVD playback and everyone wants DVD players in their home and what better way than to steal er borrow yer kids console to watch them in BED lol :) ahem :)

CUBE will fall outta the market soon enough unless NINTENDO come out with something in the meantime they dont have a hope in hell of chasing the bigboys :( , if it was the battle of the handhelds then NINTENDO kicks everyones BUTT with the GBA SP :) (also owned in this household lol :) ) NINTENDO are better doing what they have always done MAKE THE SOFTWARE that sells the systems and have to take SEGA'S approach and develop for ALL systems :)

NOTE ... ALL 3 HAVE broadband ADAPTERS ..and you will need a)broadband and b) a router and c) a pc and d) some technical know how to get up and running :)

my conculsion is BUY THEM ALL lol :p er TRY Them all first /consider that at least the PS2 is up and running for DVD's & GAMES outta the box ...(note dvd playback with a SCART/PERITAL lead will result in a GREEN/BLACK and WHITE picture!? :( ..so use an R/F lead) :) ) :)

PHEW .....long rant mode off :)

Anyhow for more specs on ALL 3 consoles check this post i made a while back with the details here > http://cdrbase.com/showthread.php?t=29699 :)

and you decide whats best for your needs :)

oh and btw we still use the SUPER NINTENDO/FAMICOM to play gameboy games on the tv with the SUPER GAMBOY ADAPTER lol :)

*PS2GAMECUBE*

I love my Gamecube and PS2.
My PS2 has alot of games, But they are all backed-up.
The gamecube is really the only console
that is completely worth paying full price for.
(Although there are plenty off PS2 games i would
also pay full price for - GRAND THEFT AUTO to name one!!!)

So i would have to say the GAMECUBE.

I really like my Gamecube (actually, it's my sons)... I just wish I could find a reliable and convenient method to backup the discs. He's really rough on them!

DC Fisherman

i have both ps2 and xbox and i love both of them. i HAD a gamecube and that's all i will say. once it's modded, the xbox is really awesome. that thing is more powerful than my AMD athlon 700 Mhz computer.

Laz

I'm a bit late on getting one of the newer consoles but despite the temptations of X-Box's Gotham racing games had to plump for the PS2 on the sheer range of games for it if nothing else. And hey Gran Turismo ain't exactly a bad game mind is it? :D

I'm seriously tempted to buy an Xbox purely to rig it up to my boradband connection and play Gotham Racing over the net :)

@ PSX_PAUL i would buy an x-box mate even if its to play HALO how it should be lol :) kick butt and hardcore :)

roll on HALO 2 :)

loads of other good games for it too :)

ps2king

psx_paul said:
I think I will wait until new year sales and pick an XBox up dirt cheap :)
Smart decision paul, I myself will be waiting until Boxing Day sale (new year sale) for a ps2 network adapter.

@PSX_PAUL they aint much more than an new GAMECUBE and about £40 at least cheaper than a new PS2 :)

and......... THEY HAVE a hard drive too :)

8gb seems pretty feeble but for save games its more than enough even with 20 albums or so on there too :)

jhendrickx

I prefer a lot the XBox, I have a PS2 and XBox for 2 months and the XBox winned almost every point. True the PS2 has a bigger game listing, but each new day that 'glorious games' are being coded to the XBox (or are next port will be for the XBox); see the last GTA3/GTAVC example.

The graphics are far better, ditto for the sound. The Hard Disk and the LAN connection are a plus. Still I plays with the PS2 but I don't like the controller neither the sloooow time of loading ...

The PS2 is an older machine ... with lots of bad or no-so-good games ... the only reason because the PS2 is keeping high sales is because it's better known. Here (Venezuela), many boys prefers the PS2 only because his friends have one, but they likes more the XBox games. PS2 have only a few must-have games like GT3 ... and XBox have several games to fulfill this lack ...

Of course, I respect the choice of anyone to buy a PS2, but if you look this year story you must change your mind ...

Jean H//

ps2king

jhendrickx said:
The graphics are far better, ditto for the sound. The Hard Disk and the LAN connection are a plus. Still I plays with the PS2 but I don't like the controller neither the sloooow time of loading ...
The controller for xbox is difficult to use because of the way the buttons are placed. I think Ps2 has the best controller in the history of controlers. (ofcourse Super Nintendo did have a pretty good controller)

As for the graphics and all, you're right xbox does have better graphics but they aren't all that different. If you look carefully you can tell but it's not a sudden look. As for going online, it's FREE with the ps2. For xbox you have to PAY MONTHLY. Xbox is good though, i only wish you didn't have to pay monthly to go online.