FlaskMPEG(Not Responding)

"Just insert the DVD, start smart ripper & then let it do the rest. Don't go clicking inside the Progam Chain Angles area. Leave it as is."
This is the start up of smartripper screen, seems like smart ripper is very smart auto select angle 1 for me :(

btw this dvd is not a movie it's an anime series with 10 episodes inside and i can scroll from program chain 1 to 10 with each angel 1 (about 25 mins each).

Attachments

Last edited:
Okay, looked at all those pics. As you have found out the 10 episodes are all just crammed together in the vob files one after the other and you should have been able to select out each stream as an episode. If your ripped all okay except Volume 3, then in SmartRipper I would select FILES, not the default MOVIE button, then tick these 2 files only
vts_01_2.VOB
vts_01_3.VOB
and hit Start.

Load both VOB's into FlaskMPEG and proceed as usual from there. You should be able to set the start & end of the bit you want to encode but doesnt always work.

The final MPG should have the trailing section of Ep 2, all of Ep 3 and start of Ep4. Use TMPGEnc and Files/MPEG Tools/Merg&Cut to cut the Ep2 and Ep4 parts off.

ya i have done all 47 out of 48 episodes execpt that episode 3. k I have select FILES and ripped vts_01_2.VOB and vts_01_3.VOB.
ya it works but how do i get the sub-titles in? :(

to rip the subtitles click on the bup & ifo (first ones there I think). doing the same process, only this time no need to do the ones you just did, as you already have them on your HDD. I think (if memory serves me) you will just get the ifo file (not the bup) in your HDD now also. You should hopefully be able to flask it with subtitles now. Man hate having a mental block, I think I drank too much last night (still need to get sleep).

with select FILES method i can flask vts_01_2.VOB(1gig+ with a bit of ep 2 ending, ep 3 and a bit of ep 4 starting) i can cut ep 3 out later only thing here is no sub-titles :( with the same method when i load Vts_01_0.ifo and select ep 3 flaskmpeg still hangs :(

well don't know bud. Maybe try CladDVD ripper or VobDecGUI. You might have more success with those. By the way, check your PM messages. Would like feedback on what I said there.

i found another method using DVDx with Panasonic plug-in here h**p://www.vcdhelp.com/The%20fastest%20and%20easiest%20way%20to%20create%20a%20pal%20VCD%20with%20the%20highest%20quality%20picture%20and%20sound%20web%20page_files/
i followed every steps but i get an error msg.... can someone try if this method works?

Attachments

yup, looking at the attached jpeg you can see the dvd is not made to conforming standards (720x480). that would mean if you bring them down by increments of 16 the closest you can bring yours to would be 480x240. But then it wouldn't be a proper VCD. From here possibly 2 ways to go about this (though ChickenMan will probably post a better way lol).
1) you can first check if that program allows you to crop the file size (meaning allow you to cut off some off the top & the sides to make it into a better size (conforming) of VCD standards.
2) the other is maybe just change your settings to 528x288 & let it encode it like that (you shouldn't have the error anymore), then once done use TMPGEnc to correct it again with the right settings of 352x240. But ofcourse this will push your picture together & the characters/images will seem like long or stretched people. lol
There must be a way to crop your size, that's all I can think of. Perhaps that was the trouble in Flask. Wrong size perameters.
Anyhow, try it out &/or wait for probably better help from the bird.

...i dont understand about increments of 16...is there any place to read about it? the error i got said:"Invalid Output Image Size" so my output vcd size(352x240) too small? have to be 480x240?

Chickenman can u please try out the method using DVDx with Panasonic plug-in see if it works if so can u show me how u do it. Thanks :)

Hi, yep will do. I'm having trouble actualy getting ver 1.8 or 1.8a running on my system but 1.7 seems to be working so will try that over the weekend for ya and get the optimal settings.

Had a play with ver 1.7 of DVDx today. I also was unable to use the Panasonic Pluggin and got the same output size error you were getting. Hmmm....

I then tried Video Server (and the AVIWrapper) to TMPGEnc and got good results. Give that a try. Just yell if you need any further instructions.

Video Server (and the AVIWrapper) to TMPGEnc with DVDx too? where to get AVIWrapper? what are the steps and optimal settings to follow? maybe this could addon to your Tutorials too :D Thanks :)

Yes it could be an additional tutorial, I'll play with it a bit more and then decide if worth it.

There was a Zip file called VideoServerPackage within the DVDx zip file when you d/l'ed it. You need to open that zip file up and run setup to install the video server files.

Run DVDx, load in DVD and set it up as you wish.

Where you select the Panasonic Encoder, now select Video Server instead. Then select Plug Setting and tick AVIWrapper if it is not. Change the drive & folder name of the output file if you wish. OK back to main DVDx screen. Hit Encode, wait the 10 seconds countdown and hit GO. A small file is generated (within a few seconds), then minimize DVDx (NO NOT SHUT IT DOWN !)

Immediately run TMPGEnc, load in the IPCServer.AVI file, load the appropriate Template, change any settings and hit encode. You must do this quickly within a minute or it will timeout and you'll have to start again.

Hope thats enough to get you started.