Firebird 0.8 is out! (New name FIREFOX)

I still found it slower at loading pages than Opera till i found this great little tool

Works with most mozilla based browsers & tweaks some hidden page loading settings, the site is all in german though :)

BaNzI :D

Last edited:
thx banzi ;)
btw i found that a lot of ppl @ the mozilla forum who don't like the new download manager ,there's a guy who wrote another interface 4 the d/w manager...u can get the latest there <a href="http://fire.prohosting.com/andman42"> new download manager</a>

jonss

I've been using Firefox since its release and I love it. Being on dial-up is a sobering experience at the best of times but Firefox is the fastest browser I've ever used. I did use a version of Opera a couple of years ago and have not ventured their offering lately. Mainly because I'm a cheapskate. :D Thanks everyone for the links. I've downloaded every one.

Last edited:
LOL, why thank U aybesea :)

Using that tool has made me use Firebird more as it's slow page loading was my main prob with it, that tool tweaks some hidden cache & loading settings giving it quite a speed boost :)

Keep these tweaks, updates, & patches coming guys! I tried Opera for a while, but really never liked it very much. Firefox on the other hand, has me totally addicted!

IE view plugin v0.7 released 24Feb 2004

The ieview plugin is a simple Mozilla and Mozilla Firefox extension (for Microsoft Windows systems), which allows the current page or a selected link to be opened in Internet Explorer. I use Mozilla 99.99% of the time, but there are those moments -- particularly when testing new pages, or when viewing that rare IE-only page that's actually interesting -- when I need to see what things look like in IE.

Scratching the itch, this plugin adds menu items to the page context menu, and the link context menu. Right-clicking a link now includes an "Open link target in IE" menu item. Right-clicking elsewhere in the main body of the page (not within an image, text box, etc.) gives "View this page in IE."

In both cases, we try and track down the IE executable on your system, and launch with the appropriate URL. Brain-dead simple, but I'm using it daily.

Changelog

v 0.7 - Feb 23, 2004

Added a new preference - "ieview.ieapp". This can be set to the full path of Internet Explorer, as in:

user_pref("ieview.ieapp", "d:\\program files\\Internet Explorer\\iexplore.exe");

in those instances where the IEView extension cannot find Internet Explorer on its own. Alternatively, you can specify an entirely different browser (AvantBrowser, Opera, Lynx) to be launched instead).

In Mozilla Firefox, this preference is settable via the Tools | Options | Extensions panel -- just select IE View from the list, then hit the Options button to configure.

If left blank, IEView searches for Internet Explorer as always.

Source: http://ieview.mozdev.org/

Cheers for the news Bro :)

& cheers to serjer for that much better d/l manager plugin, works like a dream on mine :)