Edit start up Apps

How do i stop programs from being loaded on startup in Win2k pro?
Its easy in win 98, but i cant seem to find this option in win2k.
:)

several ways...go to run and type msconfig and click on the starup tab...or use the registry..go to run..type regedit and go to this key:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run

the msconfig is better...since it only stops it..as the registry you delete the key

If its not there...then you either corrupted it...deleted it...you can put it back if you have someone send you the msconfig.exe and put it back in the C:\Windows\PCHealth\HelpCtr\Binaries but someone posted a link that will help you

msconfig definitely does NOT exist under Windows 2000.
the default windows directory under 2000 is /winnt and not /windows, and the folder /pchealth does not exist at all (2000 is not ME or XP rubbish).
I think "jroc" has mixed things a little bit.

ya..I did...I stand corrected...I never installed Win2k...didnt like to have to install continuous patches and Service Releases....

You can download msconfig from M/$ it will then work in Windows 2000.

I put it in the partition where Windows 2000 is installed and it works a treat.

NP daveml and POACHER :) lol i had to re read that post 3 times POACHER lol i was reading it as you had removed loads of stuff accidentally lol :)

funny enuff tho guys i hardly use this program as i know what most of the stuff is now and i remove them with msconfig in win 98 SE you sorta get used to what should be there and whats not :) still usfull with its web reference link to what each thing does and stuff :)

so once again only too glad to help :)

dave if u still want msconfig it will work from any version of windows ive been told !? if u want it get it from micro suck or ask me to icq u it bud :)