DVRFlashGUI - Front-End for Agent Smith's brilliant DVRFlash

Hi,

>NIL:'s latest Pioneer DVR-107D & 107XL v1.16 - RPC-1, 12xRip, nx4all firmware has been released and is available from:

"NIL:'s Pioneer DVR-107D & 107XL v1.16 - RPC-1, 12xRip, nx4all

DVRFlashGUI

-= Requirements =-

- you need Microsoft .NET Framework to get the GUI to work, please download it from:

Code:
[url]http://download.microsoft.com/download/a/a/c/aac39226-8825-44ce-90e3-bf8203e74006/dotnetfx.exe[/url]
- extract the files in the ZIP/RAR files before using.

DVRFlashGUI has been coded by ~McoreD~ with assistance from me. It started out as a personal project, you may have seen a thread regarding my crude but effective batchfile to use in conjunction with DVRFlash.

The batchfile was archaic but I'm no programmer, far from it. I remember ~McoreD~ did a project called CompleteURLMaker that was designed so you could easily create the URL for file downloads etc. from FTP's/HTTP's.

I asked ~McoreD~ what he used to create CompleteURLMaker, he told me, then offered to help.

Unfortunately for him, I said YES PLEASE. :lol: :lol:

The goal of DVRFlashGUI was to make Agent Smith's brilliant DVRFlash and >NIL:'s patched firmware as easy as possible to use and update your device, especially designed for the novice. I know some would've liked it to have been designed more for the advanced user.

What is DVRFlashGUI

DVRFlashGUI does nothing more than act as a FRONT-END GUI to DVRFlash. It grabs your selections, create a .bat file and passes it to DVRFlash.

I've read many posts where people are having problems using DVRFlash command-line interface, this is designed to assist those and novice users.

DVRFlash does the flashing of firmware, not the GUI.

Please post any problems you find with DVRFlashGUI, hopefully there will be none as it has been tested alot over the last few days.

All you have to do, is extract DVRFlashGUI's 3 files to a directory of your choice, then extract the firmware and/or kernel files to the same directory, or anywhere else you wish, then launch DVRFlashGUI.exe.

In the initial release, the internal filters used are, but these can be easily changed, just read ~McoreD~'s ReadMe_GUI.txt:

Pioneer DVR-All Models (for advanced users);?????1??.*;?????0??.*;
Pioneer DVR-107/107D/A07/A07D;R7100107.*;R7100007.*;
Pioneer DVR-107XLA/107XLB/A07XLA/A07XLB;R7143107.*;R7143007.*;
Pioneer DVR-106/106D/A06/A06D;R6100106.*;R6100006.*;
Pioneer DVR-105/A05;R5100104.*;R5100004.*;
Pioneer DVR-104/A04;R4100103.*;R4100003.*;

With the Pioneer DVR-All Models (for advanced users), you can use this if you wish, but you will need to know the firmware and/or kernel files for your device. Anyway, DVRFlash should check and make sure they are compatible.

Disclaimer
Please note, that any flashing of firmware to any device does carry some risk. By using the DVRFLashGUI or DVRFlash, you accept that risk yourself.

Cheerz :) ;) :D

Attachments

VIPER_1069 said:
NOTE THIS IS NOT WITHOUT PROBLEMS!!!!! it disables 4 X burning with RITEK MEDIAS and some others !!!
Hi Viper,

Yes there was a problem, but the Ritek G03 problem has been fixed by >NIL:

Thanks for the newest firmware Nil. Riteks G04's will burn at 4X with this firmware, btw.
J confirm than new one is good, no 4x pb
>NIL:
Administrator

Posted: Wed Jun 30, 2004 4:57 am Post subject:

----------------------------------------------------------

Fixed. Download again. Re-flash. Smile.
Cheerz :) ;) :D

@ POACHER & MARKBOT not with this release this release is 4x for all only :)
the older versions of firmware allow 8x for all :)

From the readme:

This firmware was used succesfully to burn *QUALITY* 4x +/-R
media at 6x and 8x speed and *QUALITY* 2x -RW media at 4x.
If you are not sure whether the media you are using will
burn properly at high speed, please look for other users
experience at http://forum.rpc1.org

So Ritek G04 is not "QUALITY" 4X media?

I am burning Ritek 4x media at 6x with <NIL: 's latest updated firmware. Could also select 8x, but hey.. there is little point really, life is not that short :D

CM & SB either of you evert test 8X for G04 to see if the disk is readable?

On a different note, is the 107 capable of burning dual layer media? And if so, will this hacked firmware cause problems with that?

Yes, I've burnt a few at 8x but using the Nero CD/DVD Speed program, at 8x this a slight increase in PI/PO errors, while the 6x is basically identical to those burnt at 4x. Well thats what I've found so why push them to 8x. They are all readable when burnt at 8x now, I'm just concerned if they will remain readable in 12+ months time, I dont really want to backup the backups every 12 months just because of saving a bit of time now.

Pioneer have not announced their -R DL format yet (due out later this year) so they dont have any firmware that can support DL yet.

maby pioneer are being wise eh chickenman with the current price of DL media maby they are holding their horses to see if other rival DL drives are a hit or a flop !? :)

re the firmware ... do you think it was worth the upgrade chickenman ?!

im still on 1.13 12x rip 8x 4all ?! and debating the upgrade !?

I suppose its the old saying "if it aint broke, dont fix". However there is nothing wrong in a tuneup every now and then. General reports are that 1.16 has improved reading and able to write to many new 8x media better. I have found improved reading myself but as for writing I use Ritek 4x media and have not noticed any difference going from 1.13 to the 1.16, both being hacked versions. I've gained a little & lost nothing.