DVDDECRYPTER UPDATE PLEASE READ

Dvddecrypter Update Important Please Read

Hi all

when you use DS then please make sure you are still using DVDDecrypter 3.1.7.0 as 3.1.9.0 DO NOT WORK with DS

DVDDecrypter 3.1.7.0 Download Links (thanks guys ;))

after a quick test with Arianos, we found out that the VIDEO_TS.VOB will not be picked up by DS as the name has changed (for the better too :)), but DS will simply not see this new name

please bear with us for now ;)

MackemX

LakersFan

Damn. Anyone know where I can get 3.1.7.0? I already did the upgrade. :(

Or will you have a patch or new version soon? I can wait if it won't be that long. :D

Gracias!

zarish

Is there any ETA on when a DVDDecrypter v3.1.9.0. compatible version will be released?

Is the current version compatible with v3.1.8.0??

This was my other question on the still pending submit of the registration.

Arianos

betatester
zarish said:
Is there any ETA on when a DVDDecrypter v3.1.9.0. compatible version will be released?.
Only MackemX can really answer that, but as he is cautious on promising things, I can only say that the team is currently working on it :)
Personally, I have tried 3.1.9.0 for a couple of days on one PC, and indeed I found some improvements, especially on a ISO burning issue I had, but nothing that could affect DS for the better. Apart from the menu naming, that is. :(
Is the current version compatible with v3.1.8.0??.
No. Besides, 3.1.8.0 had 'problems' besides the DS issue, and vanished quietly...

zarish

Is there another workaround besides using a downgraded version of DVDDecrypter?

I have more to say on that, but I'll refrain from being argumentative on this issue at this time.

Perhaps manual renaming of the files?

DVDStripper is after all "dependent" software and should be adapted to newer versions of it's parent software packages and "forced to use" softwares when such new versions are released with bug fixes in them.

Last edited:
zarish, please feel free to say what you want to say as I can't stop you but think about it first. One thing I can ask though is that you appreciate that keeping up with other software updates may take time to implement. I guess I won't say anymore on this matter than we are working on it

others do and I thank them for their patience as a few days inconveneince using the older ,yet still very much working version, is not much to ask is it? ;)

unfortunately manually renaming the files is not an option :(

zarish

MackemX said:
zarish, please feel free to say what you want to say as I can't stop you but think about it first. One thing I can ask though is that you appreciate that keeping up with other software updates may take time to implement. I guess I won't say anymore on this matter than we are working on it

others do and I thank them for their patience as a few days inconveneince using the older ,yet still very much working version, is not much to ask is it? ;)

unfortunately manually renaming the files is not an option :(
You can take some of what I say with a grain of salt as I am a bit aggrevated at other issues I had today with the product and that just makes minor issues that much more annoying.

I'm still curious about the "Current Setup" and the status of such setup. Just seeing that there is another aggrevation as it points to process issues on the SDLC.

zarish said:
You can take some of what I say with a grain of salt as I am a bit aggrevated at other issues I had today with the product and that just makes minor issues that much more annoying.

I'm still curious about the "Current Setup" and the status of such setup. Just seeing that there is another aggrevation as it points to process issues on the SDLC.
OK, you may be aggrevated with issues but can I ask you to post the way you would like to be posted to ;)

some people have suffered a lot worse, yet they have been outstanding with their patience and understanding just as I would be if I was in their shoes

the 1st issue you have is due to your own scratched faulty DVD's yet you blame the way DS works because it uses DVDDecrypter. Which software is doing the ripping?. Even so would I go to LIGHTNING UK's forum and start complaining that it doesn't work?. I don't think I would ;)

the 2nd issue is your pre ripped files but again, DoItFast4U works from the DVD only as do other softwares ;). It's the way they work and most accept this

the 3rd issue ,regarding the naming of files. At least we are onto it and before most were even aware of it. How many software's don't fix very easily fixable issues within a reasonable amount of time?

this forum is one of the friendliest, if not the friendliest and I would like it to stay that way so please give us some slack

p.s. instead of posting 'Been about lately?' etc, can you just say what you mean please?

zarish

MackemX said:
p.s. instead of posting 'Been about lately?' etc, can you just say what you mean please?
Sure can, I was saying that I read the "About" in v0.2.0? :)
Some people actually do read it... :cool:

i really cant see how u can seriously blame any software for a scratched DVD!!!!
secondly, MackemX has stated numerous times that the reason it doesnt work off HD is to elimate problems that might occur from badly transcoded dvds from other software, otherwise ppl like yourself would probarly blame MackemX for that too!
The software aint perfect, but its early days and is only £5?!?!?!?
Believe me, no-one understands aggrevation like i do, having tested well over 100 dvds with DS, but thats how software gets better - by users being positive with their feedback.
as for the naming issue, as MX says, they are onto it and it's far too early to be doubting don't you think.

I guess you haven't seen how fast these guys have worked in the past

zarish

SirQUK said:
i really cant see how u can seriously blame any software for a scratched DVD!!!!
secondly, MackemX has stated numerous times that the reason it doesnt work off HD is to elimate problems that might occur from badly transcoded dvds from other software, otherwise ppl like yourself would probarly blame MackemX for that too!
The software aint perfect, but its early days and is only £5?!?!?!?
Believe me, no-one understands aggrevation like i do, having tested well over 100 dvds with DS, but thats how software gets better - by users being positive with their feedback.
as for the naming issue, as MX says, they are onto it and it's far too early to be doubting don't you think.

I guess you haven't seen how fast these guys have worked in the past
Could you please point me to where I blame the software, or any software for my scratched DVD? Or was this your attempt to be argumentative, and insulting towards me in an attempt to deride me and make me look the bad?

Actually software gets better by users pointing out anything they also dislike about the software and the Software Developement Life Cycle. Pointing out only 1 half does not make the software better on it's own. I imagine (based on the descriptions of what the software can do) that once I get to using it successfully I will also have many positive comments.

I never said I doubted that they would get to making it compatible. I stated displeasure at the fact that it was not currently compatible since we are forced to use that particular piece of software. I do feel that it has not been made compatible as a priority in a timely fashion consistent with a program that is dependent upon another. This may in turn have the author's seek to contact those of DVDDecrytper and try to work more closely with them so that the future releases of DVDDecrypter that break current versions of DVDStripper would be accompanied simultaneously or nearly so with versions of DVDStripper that are compatible with such a release. That is how the software industry normally works when you have a program that is dependent on another you tend to make sure future and developement versions of the software your program depends on do not break your software PRIOR to that software's release, not after.

Perhaps I did not make that last point clearly before, but it was implied.

zarish

I can say some positive things about the already. The fact there is an upcoming menu editor "MenuModder" being made available to current owners of the software is a serious positive. It shows the authors are committed not only to supporting the software but are also willing to expand it beyond it current scope. This says that they are indeed people who stand behind their product. That is definately worth supporting.

There is also the fact that they continue to be present on the forums which again states that they believe they are doing the right thing with their product and they care what the consumer thinks. This again a very positive thing.

It was this willingness to stand behind their product both with positive and negative critism (here and on other forums) that made me willing to purchase the software while still in it's early days. I know the authors took a severe beating on some forums but they continued to stand behind their product. That dedication toward a product or project is worth supporting.