DVD2SVCD Importing subtitles

Ok cool sounds good :)
Supposedly there is/was an open gops reencoding issue with v2 and 3.
Never had problems with turning off reencoding in v.2 myself, have you noticed any problems with this in v.3?

Heres the discussion @ doom9s
Code:
http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=110778

Theres a new version of the ac3 plugin available.

I think i may have found a badly suited test file :)
My testing so far shows (with this file) that the (consistent) problems are with 5.1 to 5.1 (no encoding) and are related to muxing/authoring and not aften.
Fails with every version of batchmux even when the ac3 plugin are fully disabled.

This is with aften 007, 484 or 06 and batchmux 1.4 or 1.3
Ac3 5.1 to 5.1 no encoding = vobs only
Ac3 stereo to stereo no encoding = ok(audio encoded with aften gui and aften 484)
ac3 5.1 to ac3 stereo = ok
mp3 to ac3 stereo = ok

This is with aften 490 and batchmux 1.4 or 1.3
Ac3 5.1 to 5.1 no encoding = vobs only
Ac3 stereo to stereo no encoding = ok (audio encoded with aften gui and aften 484)
ac3 5.1 to ac3 stereo = unreliable results, sometimes ok with closed gops, sometimes not.
mp3 to ac3 stereo = ok

Have still to test dvdauthor only without batchmux and im testing batchmux 1.4 and the newest ac3 plugin

So ive got no real conclusion to share yet other than use the latest batchmux and the latest ac3 plugin(or atleast aften 007) :)

Last edited:
Ok cool sounds good :)
Supposedly there is/was an open gops reencoding issue with v2 and 3.
Never had problems with turning off reencoding in v.2 myself, have you noticed any problems with this in v.3?

Heres the discussion @ doom9s
Code:
http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=110778
I've never had a problem of re-encoding in ver 2, in fact I didnt even know it had the capabilities.

With ver 3, the only time I have found it attempting to re-encode is when I load a PAL video file into an NTSC project or vice versa. Ver 2 objected, ver 3 accepts and just re-encodes. I've also never have the Closed GOP's setting ticked in CCE Advanced settings, DVD specs don't require it. But if there is any likely hood of a need to edit the final mpeg file before authoring, then Closed GOPs should be turned on.

I also found you can load an AVI in and it encode directly to DVD, but is so f......g slow :(

I have only ever use TDA by using the mpv produced from DVD2SVCD or MainConcept and ac3 from aften, ffmpeg or others. Never an issue. Well, actually I always get the "Your exceeded the max bitrate...."error as I have the "DVD Compliant" option ticked in DVD2SVCD. This option adds maxbitrate of 9800 into the mpv's header regardless of what the actual bitrate is. I then tick ignore and continue. I must say I have NOT had one playback issue on a multitude of different dvd players since Ive been using TDA for the past 2 or so years. If I load the same file into Maestro or DVDLab Pro, no error is produced and these are way more fussy on files than what TDA ever will be.