Driver Problem

imo89

Hi everybody,

I didn't know where to post this..

few days ago my driver won't open any DVD or even CDs.
the dvds opens on the other computer
when i put the dvd nothing happens, and when i open it manually by my computer, the dvd will be ejected and it says to insert the dvd.

I have DVD multi recorder (RW), i don't know anything else about it >.<

WHAT should i do T.T

imo89

oh i remember now
i was burning a dvd by nero and it failed in the middle of the process
and eject the dvd
since then it didn't work.

and the cleaner says that it didn't found any driver to clean T.T

oh i remember now
i was burning a dvd by nero and it failed in the middle of the process
and eject the dvd
since then it didn't work.
So i think the device is damaged.

Two last tries:

- Shut down the PC completely (no standby or hibernation). Unplug the PC power cord. Press the Power button for around 10 sec, wait a minute, press the Power button again for around 10 sec. Reconnect the power cord, start the PC and try the drive.

- I f this doesn't work try the drive in an other PC. So you will see if it's lost.

imo89

the problem is its a laptop not PC >.<

maybe if i remove the battery for a while would it work!!

imo89

it didn't work >.<

if its broken, wouldn't gonna tell me about it in a massege if in the device manager!!

Sounds like the drive may have suffered a failure of some kind, and so long as the logic and firmware are intact, device manager will report it as ok, even if the optics or motor gear are toast.

One last thing to check, if it can be set as bootable, is to try to boot a Linux live CD or bootable CD of any description, as that rules out any device driver screwups.

On a desktop, it would be no big deal, a drive now costs less than a tub of decent media, but on a laptop, it's stinking expensive.

imo89

R.I.P----> me T.T

it didn't work
i put cd windows xp and restarted it.
a black screen appeared and nothing more.
I had to eject it so it will cotinue

I wanna know If Nero did somthing
cuz it the bottom "burn" is not activated now

and nero was working b4, i burnt alot of dvds and cds b4 the disaster happened >.<

imo89

hi again >.<

well 2day i've tried an dvd and it worked

but this dvd is the only1 which my driver opened
y this 1? it's not special

1 from 20+ T.T

They may be recorded a little bit "beside the track". So it works with your weakened device. Don't believe in self healing.

laxiboyce

Banned
Well it is not the problem of your drivers it is may be due to improper supply to your DVD-ROM and so it happens. Other thing it could be that its tray might be stuck in to the player so make it clear and try to check for the proper solution.

There are several reasons why you might have a hardware problem or driver software. You have installed an update that caused your driver to stop working. You have installed new hardware and not yet installed the driver for the hardware or the driver may be corrupted or incompatible.