ACER upgraded to 1.07 firmware now i cant burn princo blanks ?

stedyedy

upgraded to 1.07 firmware now i cant burn blanks ?

has anyone come across this problem my orginal was the ACER 1.05 then i used the universal flash tool to update my firmware it successfully did this then when i went to burn a cd it didnt work anymore im not sure if its the brand of the blanks they are "PRINCO DVD-r" has anyonee else has this problem or knows whats going on ?

Last edited:

Fulminant

stedyedy said:
has anyone come across this problem my orginal was the ACER 1.05 then i used the universal flash tool to update my firmware it successfully did this then when i went to burn a cd it didnt work anymore im not sure if its the brand of the blanks they are "PRINCO DVD-r" has anyonee else has this problem or knows whats going on ?

I didnt have that problem but where did you download the "flashing" tool from ? If you downloaded from some not original website that your driver was from then it might be the problem. Maybe your "flash tool" was not for your drive, maybe it was corrupted and cracked your drive ? Flashing is highly dangerous and might kill your drive and its very hard to none to get it back, I think you can't get it back. If you downloaded the wrong "flashing tool" thats unsupported by your drivers corporation that you should sue yourself, but if it was the right one and you have the proof and if people who made it say that it will work 100% then you should sue them for $10 million dollars, than give me 2 millino for giving you this advice and help.

stedyedy

Fulminant said:
I didnt have that problem but where did you download the "flashing" tool from ? If you downloaded from some not original website that your driver was from then it might be the problem. Maybe your "flash tool" was not for your drive, maybe it was corrupted and cracked your drive ? Flashing is highly dangerous and might kill your drive and its very hard to none to get it back, I think you can't get it back. If you downloaded the wrong "flashing tool" thats unsupported by your drivers corporation that you should sue yourself, but if it was the right one and you have the proof and if people who made it say that it will work 100% then you should sue them for $10 million dollars, than give me 2 millino for giving you this advice and help.

i used the universal flashing tool that updates all OEM versions of the pioner 106RD to a truw pioneer i also used the Pioneer "DVR-106 v1.07 RPC-1 + 2xDVD-R + 12xRip" firmware from this webpage to get reigon free http://pioneerdvd.rpc1.org/
all the update were succsseful what could the problem be ???

Fulminant

stedyedy said:
i used the universal flashing tool that updates all OEM versions of the pioner 106RD to a truw pioneer i also used the Pioneer "DVR-106 v1.07 RPC-1 + 2xDVD-R + 12xRip" firmware from this webpage to get reigon free http://pioneerdvd.rpc1.org/
all the update were succsseful what could the problem be ???

does the drive still show up in your Computer as DVD-R ? or w/e that is ? does it work when you place a normal CD in it ?? lest say software cd , a game, music cd ?? if not then the drive is probally f-k-ed up, if yes it works then try Fuji DVD-R media since Pioneer likes Fuji Discs, you can get 10 DVD-R FUji x4 discs for about 20$, also forget -R buy -RW's..so you wont waiste, if it doesnt work on Fuji's disc then it is ur Drive, so check this first. then let us know.

stedyedy

Fulminant said:
does the drive still show up in your Computer as DVD-R ? or w/e that is ? does it work when you place a normal CD in it ?? lest say software cd , a game, music cd ?? if not then the drive is probally f-k-ed up, if yes it works then try Fuji DVD-R media since Pioneer likes Fuji Discs, you can get 10 DVD-R FUji x4 discs for about 20$, also forget -R buy -RW's..so you wont waiste, if it doesnt work on Fuji's disc then it is ur Drive, so check this first. then let us know.

yes everything works perfectly excpt burning cds it shows up in my coumputer as a DVD-R drive basciallly my system shows that everything is fine dvdinfo shows up normal... ill go buy a fuji disc and see what ahppens i guess...

In a word PRINCO are junk. Did you try some good media like ritek? If your drive will not burn that media it's doing you a favor. I would return the PRINCO for some good media and let us know. A friend of mine had the same problem. Good luck.

stedyedy

PC-GUY said:
In a word PRINCO are junk. Did you try some good media like ritek? If your drive will not burn that media it's doing you a favor. I would return the PRINCO for some good media and let us know. A friend of mine had the same problem. Good luck.
i just tried a shintaro blank cd no luck..it seems that my dvd burner cannot burn dvds anymore. ive tried using several programs like nero, burnatonce and dvd xcopy platinum none worked. the thing is the PRINCO blanks worked on my burner before i upgraded the firmware. i fear that now my pioneer is seriously stuffed up, also somethign strange my dvd can still read and play dvds but whenever i put a blank dvd into the burner the DVD-R drive in my computer changes to CD drive wtf is up with that

Have i permantely screwed my DVD-R up ? am i going to have to buy a new one?

Last edited:

stedyedy

i dont know if this means anything but this is what it says in the log when i tried to burn a dvd using "burnatonce",

Found DVD media: using cdr_mdvd.
Cdrecord 2.01a16-dvd (i686-pc-cygwin) Copyright (C) 1995-2003 J÷rg Schilling
Note: This version is an unofficial (modified) version with DVD support
Note: and therefore may have bugs that are not present in the original.
Note: Please send bug reports or support requests to <warly@mandrakesoft.com>.
Note: The author of cdrecord is not to be bothered with problems in this version.
TOC Type: 1 = CD-ROM
Using libscg version 'rs-0.7+'
Driveropts: 'burnfree'
atapi: -1
Device type : Removable CD-ROM
Version : 0
Response Format: 2
Capabilities :
Vendor_info : 'PIONEER '
Identifikation : 'DVD-RW DVR-106D'
Revision : '1.07'
Device seems to be: Generic mmc2 DVD-R/DVD-RW.
Current: 0x0011
Profile: 0x001B
Profile: 0x001A
Profile: 0x0014
Profile: 0x0013
Profile: 0x0011 (current)
Profile: 0x0010
Profile: 0x000A
Profile: 0x0009
Profile: 0x0008
Using generic SCSI-3/mmc DVD-R(W) driver (mmc_mdvd).
Driver flags : SWABAUDIO BURNFREE
Supported modes: PACKET SAO
Drive buf size : 1605632 = 1568 KB
FIFO size : 45158400 = 44100 KB
Track 01: data 4468 MB
Total size: 5131 MB (508:21.89) = 2287642 sectors
Lout start: 5131 MB (508:23/67) = 2287642 sectors
Current Secsize: 2048
ATIP start of lead in: -150 (00:00/00)
Disk type: unknown dye (reserved id code)
Manuf. index: -1
Manufacturer: unknown (not in table)
Blocks total: 2298496 Blocks current: 2298496 Blocks remaining: 10854
Starting to write CD/DVD at speed 4 in real SAO mode for single session.
Waiting for reader process to fill input buffer ... Turning BURN-Free on
input buffer ready.
trackno=0
BURN-Free is ON.
Turning BURN-Free off
BURN-Free is OFF.
Performing OPC...
I/O error. send opc: scsi sendcmd: retryable error
CDB: 54 01 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
Sense Bytes: 70 00 03 00 22 00 18 0E 00 00 00 00 15 02
Sense Key: 0x3 Medium Error, Segment 0
Sense Code: 0x15 Qual 0x02 (positioning error detected by read of medium) Fru 0x0
Sense flags: Blk 2228248 (not valid)
cmd finished after 18.649s timeout 200s
OPC failed.
Writing time: 24.033s
fifo had 688 puts and 0 gets.
fifo was 0 times empty and 0 times full, min fill was 100%.

Fulminant

"Note: This version is an unofficial (modified) version with DVD support"

i dont know but maybe u downloaded the wrong flasher. anyway try fuji -rw discs. but that could be the problem, also that software your using may be in cause what that other software and they link the problem to each other. if fuji discs dont work it could be the software also, in last resort reformat your C drive, you know, delete everything and set your pc back once again and install everything from new. but then just install burnatonce and dvddecrypter/ rip a movie and burn then.......on a plain system reinstall-last resort.

stedyedy

would using the offical pioneer 1.07 firmware update after using the OEM_Pioneer_DVR-106_UNIVERSAL_Flash_1.0.zip matter >?

I have read that shintaro are junk too (they are princo), but I don't know for sure I never used them. Why don't you use DVDDecrypter to know who manufacture the disc. Also if you buy disc from a decsent dealer the will take them back for credit to buy more disc. Like I said my friend can't burn cheap disc with the newer firmware on his 106. Just because the name on the disc is different doesn't mean its not junk!!!! Good luck.

If "speed 4" means it's attempting 4x (on media that probably isn't up to it) then selecting a lower speed than default might help - sounds like the "2x 4all" write speed hack may have resulted in some wider speed adjustments.

The official flash program may cry foul of trying to flash 1.07 over 1.07 - or trying to backflash to anything earlier.

stedyedy

LTR12101B said:
If "speed 4" means it's attempting 4x (on media that probably isn't up to it) then selecting a lower speed than default might help - sounds like the "2x 4all" write speed hack may have resulted in some wider speed adjustments.

The official flash program may cry foul of trying to flash 1.07 over 1.07 - or trying to backflash to anything earlier.

is there any way of finding out if it is my writer or the blanks ?i highly doubt it is the blanks just by the sound the dvd drive makes when it tries to burn and the fact taht when i put one of the blank dvds in, the DVD-R drive changes to a CD-ROM Drive, the banks are also 1-4 speed im thinking about buying another dvd burner which is a bumemr consideringthat i just got this one and have alrdy screwed it up. just tried burning at 2x so far no luck god im really starting to fear the worst

Last edited:

Fulminant

stedyedy said:
NOOOOOOO !! NOOOOOOOOOOO i just tried a fuji RW didnt work looks like no blanks work !!!

well then it must be that U FLASHEd the wrong or corrupted file... U should try and downgrade it, thats ur last option.

also, If i were U i would go to the store and buy teh same exact BURNER, then just replace it at home and give it right back saying it donesnt work on my computer,I did it many times..

Last edited:
stedyedy said:
NOOOOOOO !! NOOOOOOOOOOO i just tried a fuji RW didnt work looks like no blanks work !!!
Was that a used DVD-RW? I say that because I know for a fact that my 104 became picky with rws after flashing 2x4all. Some RWs I can only write to once. Like right now I put in a used optodisc DVD-RW and windows said my drive is a cd drive like your's. I would guess that there is nothing wrong with your drive that buying good media couldn't fix. If you must have rws I know my drive likes compusa house brand rw and maybe yours does too and if not you can return them. But try some ritek like I said two days ago and I bet you will be surprised. :D