yamaha 3200

i got that writer too, and afaik the optimum writespeed control somtimes limits the speed to 16x on some media, i got the problem at the beginning too but in must progs you can disable that feature and you can burn at full 24x !
even when using 24x the burn process starts at 16x , then goes up to 24x and then stays at that speed (partial CAV)
FortiTude

in the recorder menu select "choose recorder" and open an additional options part by clicking on "Options >>" choose your recorder and disable "optimum writespeed control enabled" at the bottom of this dialog
FortiTude

Had the same problem, tried all sorts of different media...to no avail. I then updated the firmware to 1.0d, and immediately I could burn at 24x...same media, hdd, and fileset. I didnt mess with any of the write settings, other than telling Nero to burn at 24x.

Some of the more obscure burning issues I have dealt with were resolved with firm updates...just a thought.:confused:

I totally agree with you poko, 16x is more than fast enough for anything I need to burn. It was just a matter of knowing that the drive was capable of burning at the max it was rated. (had to see it with my own eyes, if you know what I mean). At the time, I was a kid with a new toy..."lets see how fast this thing will go!", not that I have ever used it that fast again...:D

The latest firm off the Yamaha site is 1.0d. Use Device Manager for the DMA setting alteration. Use My Computer (right-click -> properties) on your CDRW drive for the AutoPlay settings.