Xp

I here all the talk of xp activation and i need some info,i installed xp pro 1 week ago did all updates ,but i downloaded sp3 not sp1 and i have not got asked for registration,this is a copy of a friends,will i have to register? when before it asks?is there a way to check my copy,also i have copy of xp pro corperate ,should i use that instead?

Cheeser

Not sure whether you'll need to reactivate but it sounds like you've D/L Service Pack 3 for Windows 2000.... You better check you have the right S/W. Corporate products usually don't requrie activation - that may be a better choice.

Many people have had severe grief installing SP1 whilst others have had none.

IF you do decide to install it, make a clone of your PC beforehand with Ghost or Powerquest Drive Image (many links on the forum for both) and at least then you can revert to your existing system without too much trouble.

One other point to remember - if it ain't broke, don't fix it.....

Oldy

Thanks for reply i have win98 on deck on another drive with ghost,the reason i changed system is the win98 limit on video,tried 2000 but is not to good with games ,so im trying this system,never activated this system far as i know,as for sp3 i beleive i got it on xp update site.

Cheeser

dx

cheeser...M$ just released SP1 for Windows XP and SP3 for Windows 2000.

Windows XP SP3 won't be avaliable for at least one to two years. So you might want to check once again which version of Windows you really have there...and post again ;)

Yup your right,i got mixed up with 2000,do i really need sp1, i running xp pro,but also have copy of xp pro corporate,should i change over to corporate?????

Cheeser