XBOX v1.6 Solderless Modchip

xxxopenxxx

(Yes This Is A Bit Old, But I Have A Few Questions At The End)

(Yes A Bit Of Old News)
The Spider is the first chip to achieve what many thought was not possible: Solderless installation on Xbox 'v1.6'.
It is also compatible (and solderless) with Xbox v1.0 to v1.5
Even better, it comes with a low price tag, lower than regular non-solderless chip.
Nevertheless Spider chip is produced with the highest standards of quality, and comes inside a metal box to ensure safe delivery from all our reseller. It is the first chip to include such safe packaging!
Spider chip comes with a modified (enhanced) Cromwell(info) bios, which allows you to lock/unlock HDD and to reflash the chip from a CD.
We will provide more functions in future update of our Bios.
'Spider chip are now under way to resellers. They should be available by Wednesday 17/11/2004.

Q: Is the Spider Chip compatible with all Xbox versions?
A: Yes, the spider Chip is compatible with all Xbox versions V1.0 to V1.6 and is solderless on all of them!
Q: Will there be any update to the Spider Bios ?
A: Yes we are already working on the new version, and will always bring new quality update to our bios, which will be available for download on this site in the Download section.
Product Features:
One Solderless chip for ALL current existing XBox. Works on All Versions 1.0, 1.1, 1.2, 1.3, 1.4, & 1.5, 1.6
comes with a modified (enhanced) Cromwell(info) bios, which allows you to lock/unlock HDD and to reflash the chip from a CD.
Flash Upgradable - for limitless functions
Plays all Homebrew software
Plays All Backups of Originals and Imports
The external on/off switch (which is included) is optional. If the switch is not connected, the chip is always ON.
Can boot between original and modchip bios
Plays unsigned code - Run Debug Executables
There is an extra port on the chip for the upcomming Spider Chip programmer.
Solderless installation on Xbox V1.0, V1.1, V1.2, V1.3, V1.4, V1.5, V1.6 and V1.6B. There is an extra port on the chip for the upcomming Spider Chip programmer.
Plays Original and Backup DVD Movies
Eject trick hack
DVD Reset
In Game Reset (IGR)
EvoX harddisk patch, install a bigger harddisk.
Auto detect EvoX Dashboard
Flash Upgradable with Programmer

- Notice How It Says Solderless Instalation On All Versions Including 1.6b, But It Doesn't Say Works on All Versions 1.6b.

Also It Says "flashing bios can burn up chip if done incorrectly" - What does that mean and why would you want to flash bios?

Solderless chip's have a lot more troubles then than are worth. Get a X3 for your 1.6b and you will be very happy with it. If your affraid of Soldering, goto hxxp://modyourxbox.com/ and have someone else do it for you. He only charges $35 for installation and $70 for mod chip. If you get a Solderless chip and it moves just a little bit, your xbox will not work anymore. With a Solderless chip installed, the wires will always be secure.

When you get your xbox modded, get either x-disk 1.x or slayers 2.6 software to install all software. (use google or any irc search engine to find it)

xxxopenxxx

Hmm

Spider Is A Decent Chip, But It Doesnt Have Any Way Of Recovery. (I Would Recomend It For Those Who Are Willing To Take Chances If They Mess Up. [ If Some1 Gets The Spider And It Messes U Up, Then Either Get A Real (One U Solder On) Chip, Or A New XBOX])

My Problem Isnt About The Soldering. In Fact I Purchased An Xecuter 3. However The Problem Is The Instuctions Team Xecuter Provides To Install The Chip Are A Bit Vague. (I Am Having A Professional Solder It For Me, And He Doesnt Understand The Directions)

xxxopenxxx

Hmm

I Already Purchased An Xecuter 3, Not Because I Didn't Like The SpiderChip (WHICH IS TRULY A GREAT CHIP), But Because The Xecuter 3 Has A Backup BIOS, And Well I Like The Sense Of "Security" If And WHEN I MESSUP.

If Any1 Can Give Me Some Good Directions On How To Install An Xecuter 3 With The PCB On A 1.6 I Would REALLY Appreciate It.

I Read The Installation Guide By Team Xecuter:
_h_t_t_p_://www.teamxecuter.com/x3/tutorials/x3pin16.htm
But Both I, And The Person Who Is Soldering It For Me Dont Understand It.

We Also Read The PCB Post On
_h_t_t_p_://www.teamxecuter.com/index.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=23461&postdays=0&postorder=asc&&start=0

That Explain How To Install The PCB Rebuild, But Don't Understand It.

Correct Me If We're Wrong: The PCB Goes Under The Pin Header (On The Bottom Side Of The XBOX) And Is Soldered To It At Some Points.

Answers To FAQs:
(-1-) Did You Open Your XBOX? : YES! Obviosly, How Would I Know I Have A 1.6 XBOX Version Then? And Yes I Am Comparing The Pictures With Mine XBOX And Find The Locations. However One Location I Am A Bit Undecided On Is The Alternate 5v On The v1.6. (Which The Pic Can Be Found On The 1st Link)

(-2-) Who Is Soldering It: It Is My Friends Dad, He Is A Professional At Soldering. And This Is The Reason I Want To Know The Installation Guide Thuroughly, It Is Because I Want To Be Able To Explain It To Him, Without Having To Wait Days At A Time, So We Can Pick A Day And Do It. We Are Trying To Answer The Questions Before It Comes So I Don't Keep Wasting His Time.

(-3-)Did You Recieve Your Xecuter 3? Well, No, And Yes I Agree That It WOULD Help. Again The Reason I Am Trying To Understand This Is So I Can Explain It To My Friends Dad And I Dont Keep Wasting His Afternoons.

Thank You All Who Have Posted, And Who Will Post. (I Will Be Checking This At Least 3 Times A Day, And Will Post Updates If We Understand It, Or If The Chip Has Arrived)