X-Box back-up tutorial ?????

ABCMan have you or anyone else come up with an X-box back up tutorial yet? I have read some good stuff here but havn't seen an actual tutorial. I'm not complaining just asking. Everything else I've used here is first rate.

The tutorial at Xbox-scene look pretty good. I don't have an x-box yet but a work friend has. I'm just getting set up to chip his and I'll test this tutorial. If anyone else is ready pls let me know how it goes.

VenimK

Step 2 on the Xboxscene tutorial says "make sure there's a 'default.xbe' in the root of the directory."

I am a complete noob to x-box, any more info on this?

yes all xbox hard drives have a file called default.xbe (xbe is like .exe on a pc and stands for XBox Executable) that is the file that the bios boots first, be it off the hdd or off the dvd drive (a bit like the autoexec.bat on the pc).

Thanks ABCMan I'll have to look through it and see what I can do. Is there a tutorial or a way to just cpoy the disc? I have a DVD burner and was wondering if there is a way to copy x-box games the same way I do using RecordMax Now. That is a very easy was to make back-ups.

Boodi - there is no way to copy Xbox Originals without FTPing them to your PC first - Backups can be straight copied no probs though. PCDVD roms drives cannot read the originals to copy them.

Cheers
Ironman

Thanks for the info, I may just wait a while then. I don't have an x-box yet and with this info may not get one. PS2 is so much eaiser. So easy is seems too good to be true.

Thank you abcman just followed your beginners guide to xbox and i was able to back up my first game splinter cell :D
Now off to play :p

woody said:
Nice tutorial there ABCMan!Thanks for your work!;)
i think Feman (ironman) deserves your thanks a lot more than me, i only pasted his tut here from another board (with his consent)

Thanks (Feman & ABCMan) guys keep up your fine work.
I'll probably have ago at backing up a x-box game since my son's got a x-box I'll nick one of his game's and see how it goes. :D