Woody read "Device connected channel 0"

Do you remember about a year or so ago I posted a thread about a message I kept seeing that said something like "device connected channel 0"? I ask this specifically of you because you really tried hard to help me solve this riddle, but we weren't able.

It caused no problems but it was annoying. I just clicked "Ok" to make the message go away, but it would reappear, continuously.

Well, I now know what the hell kept doing that. My cordless keyboard. Apparently, the cable connection had gotten loose.

I only figured this out a week ago as the message kept reappearing. Then, abruptly, my cordless keyboard stopped communicating completely. Couldn't type any text. That's when I tried new batteries, but still got no response. I even used the manual "connect" button on the bottom of the keyboard to make it communicate. Still no luck. I reinstalled the software. Still nothing.

Then I did check the cable connections, but not well enough because the keyboard still wouldn't communicate. I freakin' went and bought a new cordless keyboard, thinking mine had just gone bad. Of course, I installed the new one and still got no response. Tried different batties, no response. I got disgusted and realized I needed to slow down because this was just to weird.

That's when I VERY METICULOUSLY check all cable connections. I have an Omni Cube switcher for using the same monitor for 2 separate computers. There isn't much finger room in the back of it for fiddling with the cables because there are so many in such a confined space that it is difficult to get a solid grip on each cable individually. But as it turns out, in the back of the cube, a cable had gotten loose by such a tiny fraction that I really couldn't tell that I pushed it in at all. But after doing this, the keyboards worked, both old and new.

Wow, I short story long, but hopefully this can help somebody else check their cable connections in the future. And I mean make sure they are SNUG, so as to eliminate the possibility that this is causing whatever problem you are having.

Yep,I remember that thread.:) Thanks for the update,and glad you finally found out what was causing it.I still wouldn't have figured it out since that error was very vague,unless there is a device listing in the bios that reports device '0'.

I have never used wireless anything,so never encountered such an error.Troubleshooting hardware problems is hard detective work,but yours ended happily(although you have an extra keyboard).:)

I once had a new computer that drove me nuts with numerous error messages.The PC shop couldn't find anything wrong either,and reformatted, but the errors continued.I opened the case,and found a stick of RAM that wasn't seated properly.So it is along the same same lines as your problem.;)