wireless network card

I have a d-link dwl 520 wireless ( intersil prism 2.5 chip), but gentoo linux 1.4 can´t load it.
What distro can i use? ( red hat? suse? etc ) help me please.
Tnx in advance.
V.

I think you need kernel 2.4.21 at least to get this one working... may be wrong and 2.4.22 is the one, can't be sure as I don't have this device... It's not really a distro matter, it's a kernel matter.

Try downloading the Knoppix live Linux on CD. You boot and run from the CD without installing to a hard drive. It supports the prism chipset for wireless (works with my Linksys wireless PCCard).

It is based on the Debian distro. Check it out at www.knopper.net/knoppix

yesssssss, knoppix works, and now??, i hear that debian it´s very difficult to install. Can i use red hat or suse? ( mandrake sucks)
Tnx.
V.

Mandrake would probably be the best bet, actually. It is on the cutting edge of the rpm packages, so usually supports more hardware and has more bells and whistles. Redhat usually plays back, more conservative, since people use it for production servers. Suse might have the kernel and packages needed, I have not dealt with it in years.

Btw, there is a script (on the CD I believe) to install the Knoppix from the CD to a HD.

Ok, but how can i do for set my network ( wireless newtork card and acces point) and pppoe internet conexion. In win xp, only few clics are necessary.
tnx in advance.
V.

I don't have it up and running right now, but remember a wireless configuration program that is on the menu (networking, I believe). The access point will work the same; if it is already set up, you only need to configure your wireless network card (either DHCP or Static IP, whatever you had in XP, do the same).

I'm a Mandrake user on principle (free main package), but I'd rather urge you to try SuSE, which is the best Linux distro currently- objectively speaking.

SuSE 8.2

You should definitely try SuSE. I prefer it over Mandrake. SuSE has better support for USB as well. I'm thinking about setting up a wireless network at home, (just 2 pc's) so let me know how you fare!!