WinMgmt.exe Errors: Can you help me identify the problem?

I just installed a d-link nic (dfe-530tx) and began receiving winMgmt.exe error messages. I'm using Win2k SP2. One internet source suggested this might be a hack: I'm using Sygate pfwp. All suggestions are appreciated. Thanks.

You can find the .exe in your winnt\servicepackfiles\i386 directory,but I dunno if replacing the file will solve your problem.....rename the old file to winmgmt.bak before you copy the new 1,that way,you can replace the newer 1 again with the older 1 and if it doesn't work out,you can restore the old 1..... :)

No need to reinstall... just try to reset the Firewall rules. It's a well known Sygate PF problem, you might wish to try my current darling (Outpost) too... although if you set Sygate properly it should cope with that.

Immense gratitudes go out to youse, roadworker & scarecrow. Got up this morning dreading the business of dealing with this error, and -- yes -- winmgmt was blinking in my face the moment I booted up.

Will try your suggestions and indicate any improvements. It's sure good to have some clevah fellers around to assist with the occasional Windows brain-fart. Cheers!

I've uninstalled Sygate, and the error at startup persists. Should i recopy the exe, or should I try reinstalling all apps discovered by net start? Thanks!

Put your windows cd in your drive and run the command sfc /scannow ,most damaged sysfiles will be replaced...... :)