windvd

my dvd-ram has 4 changes for regions....and in windvd it says i have 4 changes left until its permanent....so once i changed it 4 times....the last one will stay on that region forever??..

Tommie said:
my dvd-ram has 4 changes for regions....and in windvd it says i have 4 changes left until its permanent....so once i changed it 4 times....the last one will stay on that region forever??..

CORRECT :(

unless you can flash it to REGION FREE with new firmware :)

the other alternative is to use software solutions such as ANYDVD :)

Autoreset is a superior solution to RPC1, as RPC1 merely shifts the dictatorship of region control to software, unless blocked by suitable software solutions such as DVD Regionkiller (discontinued) or DVD Genie.

As I understand it, Regionkiller emulated a RPC-2 drive, so soaked up the region change, while Genie can make uncounted changes in some programs.
Both of these required the drive to be RPC1, so later solutions that could bypass region control even on RPC2 drives were a relief for those who did not want to fiddle with firmware.

One thing, in the case of autoreset or infinite resets, some say it will eventually damage the flash chip in the drive, though the shortest stated lifespan for any chip of similar type seems to be 10,000 write cycles (minimum)