Windows XP Service Pack 2 hotfixes auto-patch

I would recommend either installing SP2 RC1 or waiting until SP2 Final.
Just my two cents, these cumulative patches seems to do bad more than they do good.

It´s better to wait the final. I have already install the RC1 and works well, (not for everyone as i know) but there are some appz they not work with SP2

Heh, peoples like me are rushing to get SP2 although it's not final.
As you said, RC1 is working well and I don't have any problems with it.
But I don't have any programs that doesn't work with SP2. (Could you give examples?)

softwareguy said:
But I don't have any programs that doesn't work with SP2. (Could you give examples?)
Personally not, because I don't use any unofficial SP* version. Surely enough you will meet a few in the future, and IMO there is no point posting here problems about unofficial MS packages- either post them to an MS beta testers forum, or directly to mr. Gates. This is mainly a CDR/DVDR issues forum, and I don't think that there are many people who really care if mr. Gate's betas work as they should.
No offence, I just believe that noone here pays the slightest **** if SP2 betas work or not- after all legit XP users are close to SP2 status wihtout having to worry about such issues.

Last edited:
softwareguy said:
Could you give examples?

and there are more..
SP2 is most for internet users that´s why contains security patches, new firewall and the security center.

Last edited:
For some reasons, my programs are detecting Windows XP SP2 RC1 as a email server OS of some kind. This might be the reason why it caused the problem with XPLite.

After reading all these i think ill stick to SP1 and there on if i decide to upgrade ill do it when the SP2 final release releases