windows xp restarting

i have just loaded win xp on my system and nero v 5.5.5.1 and got a crack and serial no.
i have a ayamaha 8*4 *24 ide writer
every time i go copy cd it reads fine but when writting the computer decides to turn off and come back on, anybody knows whats going on as it is doing my head in

man ever since i joined this site all i have seen is people posting problems with XP. Seems like to me that its rubbish!
I dont know why people didnt stick to win2000 pro.
Ive never had any problems with it at all, all my appz and hardware work fine.
I dont know what the craze is to have the latest stuff all the time.
What i say is if it works dont update it!

WinXP is an exelent OS but as with all new stuff you have to grow to appreciate it. It was the same with Win2K when it was new. I had a lot of problems with it in the beginning but I solved them one ny one and leaerned at the same time. So far XP is less problematical.

You can try this if you don´t want XP to re-boot automaticly. Since Microsoft has worked so hard to make this version "the most stable ever," and I belive it is, then this tweak should not be needed. However, I am fairly sure that they have not perfected millions of lines of code in less than a year. Below you will discover how to turn the auto reboot feature on and off. This allows your computer to instantly reboot upon a system fault. (The blue screen)

Start Regedit. If you are unfamiliar with regedit please refer to our FAQ on how to get started.
Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\CrashControl
Select AutoReboot from the list on the right.
Right on it and select Modify.
Change the value to 0 to disable and 1 to enable.
Reboot your computer.

LaZorMan

If you would rather not use regedit, you can right click on my computer and select properties. Click on settings button for startup and recovery on the advanced tab. The box for automatically restart will enable/disable auto reboot after a power failure.

LaZorMan