Windows XP 64-Bit Edition for 64-Bit Extended Systems Customer Preview Program

From the download page:

"Important: Windows XP 64-Bit Edition for 64-Bit Extended Systems is only compatible with 64-bit AMD Opteron– or Athlon 64-based computers.
It cannot be successfully installed on 64-bit Intel Itanium–based systems.

teehee

I intend to try this upgrade within the next two weeks - once I have sorted out how to install winxp onto my sata drives and save some of my work.
I will report back and let you know how it all works out.
Best Regards,
Fats :)

I have d/l'd it as well as the 2003 Server 64-bit beta. Will install on my AMD64 with FIC m/b in a few weeks. At least the AMD 64 CPUs will run 32-bit windows right now as well, unlike the 64-bit only Intel Itaniums...

Dave63

I downloaded it but haven't installed it yet. Does anyone know if it supports dual boot? I'd like to install it with W2K already on the machine.

Well Guys,
I installed winxp 64, and almost straight away unistalled.
The reason I unistalled is there are no 64 bit drivers at the moment,no audigy2 zs,no Ati 9800xt drivers,no skystar1 .
I had a dual partion with winxp pro as my main OS and winxp 64 on a70 gig partion.
I will try again as soon as I can get the sound drivers,I believe there is a work around for the ATI card.
Best Regards,
Fats :)

Dave63 said:
Does anyone know if it supports dual boot? I'd like to install it with W2K already on the machine.
i really don't know, but it should support it like the usual XP doing it;

Greetings from
Duracell