Windows Media Player 10 is out

JeRrYFaR said:
Windows Media Player Classic = Works for me.
I also use that one. Only too bad that it fails at playing streaming media very often. Then, unfortunately, Mediaplayer has too be used. Or does anyone know an alternative program?

I don't know exactly, but it often "fails to render file". The last time this happened was with a streaming tv station.
Only this morning it wouldn't play some downloaded .mov files while BSplayer had no problem.
I think it doesn't (fully) support some filetypes.

mov files are QUICKTIME clips :)

there is now a QUICKTIME altertative as with the REAL PLAYER alternative get it here

that allows quicktime movs to be played back in MEDIA PLAYER whatever flavour without installing quicktime :)

its worth a try :)

K-Lite Mega Codec Pack has both Real Alternative and Quicktime Alternative included in the package.

Do a Google search for "K-lite Mega Codec Pack" and get version 1.03. Has every codec you can possibly think of.

I think it's made for Kazaa Lite, but I don't use any P2P programs and it works fine. Media Player Classic is included.

JeRrYFaR said:
K-Lite Mega Codec Pack
ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH satans spawn a codecs pack :mad:

lol we tend to advise against codecs packs as they more often than not cause more problems with conflicting codecs :(

we advise people to try using GSPOT and installing ONLY the codecs needed rather than installing a whole heap of codecs that are simply not needed :)

but JeRrYFaR if it works for you then thats great but for MANY others it drives them to distraction trying to figure why what once worked... no longer works because of said codecs packs :(

:)

It's funny you say that.. my wife is having that exact problem right now...

I only saw Gspot once, but it seemed really confusing, that's why when I install the codecs, I install *only* the ones I think I'll need..

So Gspot is worth it then? :confused:

Never had any problem using the klite codec pack (not the mega) and I'm quite satisfied with it because since I've been using it I've never seen a file which couldn't be read. I'm not a big p2p/multimedia fan anyway.

Never had any probs with the Klite Mega pack here, i just choose decoding & let it pick what to install & it saves me from having to look for codecs :)

I find it best to use after a clean install of XP & it includes GPsot, Media Player Classic & the quicktime & real codecs :)

BaNzI :D