Win XP bootable with SP1

X-BoNeS-X said:
Isn't all XP versions Bootable ?
He was explaining a method to add SP1 to XP.Usually you need to download the service pack from MS.,and install it separately.If you reformat,or repair XP, SP1 is automatically uninstalled.This is a timesaver.;)

Yes, it would be the same, and for the mo only leaked pre-SP2 releases are out... in fact if you use Windows update then SP-any is of no use.

This looks like a simpler tutorial than the one i followed to create my bootable winxp sp1 disk. Thanks for posting the link :)

NetLion said:
Very clear tutorial. Thanks.

Is there a way to insert the updates, patches, etc, etc... released after SP1 ?
Yes you can copy your XPSP1 to your hdd and make a new folder to it and call it what you want but make sure you dont use a folder name from XPSP1;) ...PLACE your upate files in your new folder good idea is to also place a read me file inside with details on each new updated or app. and burn to disc make sure you have your boot files too..I have done this but with apps like aspic ,keriopfw,winzip ,winrar just usefull apps I need.:)

Thanks for your idea Rasta, but what I'm thinking is if is possible to insert all the updates, patchs, etc, released after SP1, togheter with the installation: when you does a new installation, all these updates and patchs are automatic installed.

Is there possible, or I need to wait for full sp2, like scaz69 said ?

Thanks for your reply.

;)

is there anyway of putting in the key so you dont have to manually do it if your doing a fresh install

Last edited:
fender62 said:
is there anyway of putting in the key so you dont have to manually do it if your doing a fresh install
Yes you can depending on which tut you use.
But better still this baby I found not to long ago will do it without breaking a sweat..Flexbeta SlipStreamer XP You'll find it here.Best of all its free.
:)

Put it this way has long as you have you SP,XP cd and win key the program does the donkey work...All the options are built in you just pick want you need in your case op for install win key when your making your disc...