Will repair work?

G'day have got ME & XP Home OEM installed on a standard dual boot, partioned C:\ drive, ME on C: & XP on F: NTFS and have a good XP install and was wondering if ne1 knows if I put the Ghost image from F: over the whole C: drive then boot from the XP cd and tell it to repair will things work? Don't really want to re-format etc as have a really good XP setup at moment and would prefer not to loose the current setup......

Any comments/ideas/suggestions would be appreciated....

Many thanks in advance .....

Also think the forum is still kewl and will survive the current turmoils, good job, well done by all concerned... :D

Quite a while ago I tried using Ghost to move an installation of XP from one drive to another and it didn't work because the drives were of different sizes.

I'm not sure if you can set Ghost to ignore this but I just re-installed as I was lucky enough to have all the files/drivers I would need on a seperate hard drive and it didn't take me too long.

I'm not sure if what you are proposing will work. I suggest you back up anything that is essential before trying.

Last edited: