wierd red lines? and audio problem (avi to dvd)

wierd red lines? and audio problem (Xvid to dvd)

I used Chicken Man's guilde as always, and i got this error from besweet saying "not scaled properly" and it would never finish. Finally i gave up converted the audio my self and told dvd2svcd to not convert the audio. But i would still like to know how to fix that error. Anyway after the video was finished converting i opened it up and all i have are a bunch of red lines on the bottom of the video. I've had this happen to me b4 when i joined two avi's to one with an experamental version of virtual dub. But i don't this that is the case here. Also I've looked around the forums and found that the lines are caused by either not having or having curruot codecs. I have the latest of all the codecs i need so I don't see how that could be the problem. Any help would be appreiated.

Last edited:
Pretty sure that black screen with red distorted lines is a result of an AVISynth error. It gives a ???x56 video with a black background and the error in red text. CCE assumes that it is still 720x576/480 and it gets all distorted.

Its simply a codec problem (and Avisynth give the red/black screen as a result), probably not what you have installed but from what the original was made with. Simple solution is to load the avi into VirtualDUBMod, ignore any audio errors if that windows pops up, set Video compression to Xvid and set a bitrate a bit higher than the original had (GSPOT will tell you that) and hit "Save As" and give a new name and wait 30min. Then use that in DVD2SVCD.

Heres what i got from GSpot it shows the audio codec to be mp3 and vid to be a 1052 kb bitrate.

AVI File Details
========================================
Name.........: XXXXXXXX.avi
Filesize.....: 1,398 MB (or 1,432,304 KB or 1,466,679,296 bytes)
Runtime......: 02:49:20 (304,478 fr)
Video Codec..: XviD
Video Bitrate: 1052 kb/s
Audio Codec..: 0x0055(MP3) ID'd as MPEG-1 Layer 3
Audio Bitrate: 96 kb/s (48/ch, stereo) CBR
Frame Size...: 480x352 (1.36:1) [=15:11]

well i have 386MB PC2100 maybe i didn't set somthing up right. Could u like spell all of it out for me so I make sure i'm doing it right? Like step by step lol